New FZ6 rider

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all. Just getting a 06 so that when spring comes I got something to ride.
Not a new rider by any means, been riding my 78 CB750 for something like 15 years, I no longer remember what year I got it exactly.
It is time for it to go under the wrench and get a much needed freshening. Even the best seals start to weep after 33 years.

I am just hoping the FZ is be as reliable as my CB is. In all my time on it, I had 1 issue where I got stuck...till I tightened up my + battery cable that had loosened.

Before that I beat the crap out of some old Yammy enduro. Should have been a plane with the air time it saw.

As I am coming from older bikes, a bit of slack may be needed as my thinking and ways of fixing or going to be for old bikes. :D

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard!!! I'm sure you will find the fz one of the most reliable bikes you have ever owned, I ride mine everyday rain or shine and still beat the brakes off of it on the weekends and so far (knock on wood) the only issues I've had have been battery related.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the Forum! Great members here!

You'll enjoy that FZ6!
Post up some pics and I also wanna see that 750!