New member checking in

FZsixRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, picked up a black 2008 FZ6 last Monday. It's my second bike, first one was a 2011 Honda CBR250R that was totalled at the end of March (You wouldn't believe the story). Loving the FZ6 so far (put about 300 mi on it) great for day to day commute and digging the top end power.

:welcome: too the best forum and motorcycle out there. I am kind of bias however. Put up some pictures of your new baby. Ride safe and enjoy the ride. :rockon:

Welcome to the family!

I have heard the Honda CBR250 is a nice bike. Sorry to hear you lost it in an accident. I've been there, done that lol.

:welcome:to our great forum! Got to see that 250 for the first time a few weeks ago.

You'll love your FZ6! :D

I just got a black 2008 fz6 yesterday. Guess we could be twins lol. After 7k rpm this thing just comes alive. I was kinda wanting an r6 or something when I came across this. I'm in love with it now.

Welcome

... first one was a 2011 Honda CBR250R that was totalled at the end of March (You wouldn't believe the story)...
You've piqued my interest... please do tell! :D

And :welcome: to THE BEST M/C Forum on the web (and hell i don't even own an FZ6 :rockon:)

So about the cbr250r accident. I was on my way to my girlfriends apartment traveling down a 4 lane road at 50mph. According to the police report and the car behind me who wrote a witness statement (I don't remember anything about the accident) a deer crossed both lanes of oncoming traffic and attempted to jump over me. The deer collided with my left shoulder and helmet (I imagine it looked like the YouTube gazelle attacks cyclist video). The deer hit me so hard it knocked the faceshield off my hjc helmet and knocked me unconscious. I fell off the bike to the right and took a nice face first aspault slide. The bike kept going down the road till it hit the curb and flipped in the grass a couple times. I got 2 abulence rides that night, ended up with a broken nose, two black eyes, road rash on both knees, a minor brain hemorrage and a "shoulder stinger" that I'm still having occasional problems with. I was wearing a helmet, leather track quality jacket, race style boots, leather gloves and jeans.

So about the cbr250r accident. I was on my way to my girlfriends apartment traveling down a 4 lane road at 50mph. According to the police report and the car behind me who wrote a witness statement (I don't remember anything about the accident) a deer crossed both lanes of oncoming traffic and attempted to jump over me. The deer collided with my left shoulder and helmet (I imagine it looked like the YouTube gazelle attacks cyclist video). The deer hit me so hard it knocked the faceshield off my hjc helmet and knocked me unconscious. I fell off the bike to the right and took a nice face first aspault slide. The bike kept going down the road till it hit the curb and flipped in the grass a couple times. I got 2 abulence rides that night, ended up with a broken nose, two black eyes, road rash on both knees, a minor brain hemorrage and a "shoulder stinger" that I'm still having occasional problems with. I was wearing a helmet, leather track quality jacket, race style boots, leather gloves and jeans.

Ouch! I have had a close call with a deer before. My brother has had a deer run into the side of his bike as well. They are no joke!

Welcome !

These are great people here on this forum. I don't ride a FZ6 anymore and I still prefer this forum.
You're going to love the FZ.
Sorry to hear about the deer and all. I would look into kevlar jeans and maybe knee/shin guards.

Welcome again!

Back