New Member - First Big Bike...

wildbyname

Eager Beaver
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello you lot!

Well... I went to 8 bike shops yesterday and couldn't find a bike I fancied (I was gonna get a GSX650F but man that thing's ugly in the flesh) until I strolled into Sondel in Blackfen (formerly Garrozzo)! There I saw a brand spanking new black FZ6 S2 Fazer, wow! I love it... I'd never even considered one!

Anyway, I pick it up next Saturday and as I've been riding a CBR125 for the past year, am slightly unsure of anything I need to be doing... (obscure I know, bare with me)...

i) I've heard about running in the engine, but never actually owned a new car/bike to do this... advice please !?! (mileage, rev limit, speed, pillion ? etc...)

ii) How often do you lot lube your chain's, wash your bike etc... and what do you use ?

iii) This bike looks good... and I'm not too bad looking if I say so myself, but I think leathers would be a bit much on this bike... what sort of protective clothing do you lot wear ? I always gear up, but not sure what clobber to get for this!?!

iv) What sort of MPG's are you getting and what petrol do you use ? Is it worth using premium, like Shell V-Power, or does it run just as good on the standard juice ?

Thanks for sticking with me, and thanks for your replies in advance!

WbN :thumbup:

hi and welcome!

good choice on the FZ6 , you can simply find answers to all your questions by using the search feature of the forum,,,im pretty sure you wont be satisfied with 1 or 2 answers that will be written on this thread,,,,there are lots of different opinions and facts you will find if you search them...all the questions you asked have been covered couple of times by different threads on this great forum about FZ6's

welcome again and ride safe!

Follow the owners manual. This is the best site you can find on your bike and there is a wealth of information you can glean from the people here. I used to ride a 175 30 years ago, this 600 is light years ahead in power and performance. So be careful ride safe and pray a blessing over the bike (just to be safe) .

Doc

Hello you lot!

Well... I went to 8 bike shops yesterday and couldn't find a bike I fancied (I was gonna get a GSX650F but man that thing's ugly in the flesh) until I strolled into Sondel in Blackfen (formerly Garrozzo)! There I saw a brand spanking new black FZ6 S2 Fazer, wow! I love it... I'd never even considered one!

Anyway, I pick it up next Saturday and as I've been riding a CBR125 for the past year, am slightly unsure of anything I need to be doing... (obscure I know, bare with me)...

i) I've heard about running in the engine, but never actually owned a new car/bike to do this... advice please !?! (mileage, rev limit, speed, pillion ? etc...)

ii) How often do you lot lube your chain's, wash your bike etc... and what do you use ?

iii) This bike looks good... and I'm not too bad looking if I say so myself, but I think leathers would be a bit much on this bike... what sort of protective clothing do you lot wear ? I always gear up, but not sure what clobber to get for this!?!

iv) What sort of MPG's are you getting and what petrol do you use ? Is it worth using premium, like Shell V-Power, or does it run just as good on the standard juice ?

Thanks for sticking with me, and thanks for your replies in advance!

WbN :thumbup:
Hi Mate,

Great choice, don't be fooled by the FZ6 subtle sporting connotations. If you screw up the FZ6 will dump you like a scorned bird. Having said that, treat the FZ6 with respect and you will get a whole lot of loving from the bike. Have you got the full powered model or the 33 Hp restricted version?
Running in is a very debatable topic and Tolgate's advice is spot on. If you run it in according to the manual you will still have more than enough bike to keep you going.
I clean and oil my chain every week.
I wear full armoured gear (leathers) if you like your skin as it is do the same.
Post some picks and take it easy please dont add yourself to the growing number of FZ6 guys who have crashed this year.

Nelly

Back