New member here.

Thanks for all the nice words guys. I am very excited as I enter the world of 2 wheels. So as I am new I need some help. What are frame sliders?

"Motorcycle frame sliders are an optional tool used on street motorcycles for the purpose of maintaining the bike's side fairings and internal components in the event of a crash or preventing damage from dumping (dropping) the bike. The frame sliders are usually located and installed on the engine bolts on the left and right side fairings." As per Wikipedia. I highly recommend you install these. Also check out the link below for pictures.:thumbup:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/922-frame-sliders-ordered.html

Welcome & I really like those fairings...........................hmmm, wonder what they'd look like on a silver one!
Nice looking bike.

Here are some pictures of my friends bike. 2007 in blue with full fairings.

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

"Motorcycle frame sliders are an optional tool used on street motorcycles for the purpose of maintaining the bike's side fairings and internal components in the event of a crash or preventing damage from dumping (dropping) the bike. The frame sliders are usually located and installed on the engine bolts on the left and right side fairings." As per Wikipedia. I highly recommend you install these. Also check out the link below for pictures.:thumbup:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/922-frame-sliders-ordered.html

Thanks for the responce. Only trouble I am having is the bolts that would hold the frame sliders are now covered by the new fairings. I wonder if the ones for the FZ1 would work? they seem to be staggered or offset from the mounting location. Or maybe I should just have a hole drilled and run them through the fairings. What do you guys think?

Hey there! Great looking bike! I really like the lower fairing, but the only one I can find for my '07 is the small one that just cups the lower part of the engine on the front and I would like the one you got on yours, where did you get it? How much did they soak you for it? Did you have to get it painted or did it come that color? What do you think of the bike? Its getting kinda cold up there, have you been riding much?

Welcome!! Very nice bike it looks great. I also highly recommend getting frame sliders. If you can't find ones that work around your lower fairing, You should cut the fairing for some to fit. You won't regret it I promise. I regret not having a pair on mine when I laid mine down. I have some on it now!! It is the best $50 you can spend on your bike. Look into getting some offset extended frame sliders. There are plenty on ebay and online stores. Good luck and ride safe!

Back