New Member in Calgary

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All! I joined the forum about a week ago, but I've been holding off posting an introduction in the hopes I could get some better pics of my new bike. Unfortunately, the snow that started on Friday doesn't show any signs of letting up, so it will be a while!

Anyway, I picked up my new 2007 FZ6 just over a week ago. The pic shows it in the dealer's lot. I had them put the frame sliders on for me, and also had the seat shaved down by an inch. (I am 5'4", with short legs!) Since that pic was taken, I've added a TCP seat cowl, and FAZR6's fender eliminator is on its' way. That will probably be it for mods for a little while, unless I let my husband at it. He wants to start pulling it apart and put in a K&N filter, and wire up the GPS mount. Haven't decided whether I'll let him yet, he's got his own bike to play with, a Kawasaki ZX-11.

I started riding just after I met him, back in 1998. He took me for a few rides, and I decided I liked it enough that I needed a bike of my own (much to my mother's dismay). The next spring I took a training course and bought myself a red Ninja EX-500. Had a great time with that bike, and put over 76,000 KM on it before I sold it a couple weeks ago. I'm having a ball with my new FZ6, and managed to put 680 KM on before it started snowing! Now I'm just waiting for the riding weather to return. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying reading all the different threads!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site, glad that you are enjoying the bike so much after your EX 500.

Ride lots and post often.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the site,,it is a great forum to be!

i think you should let him do the filter and gps,,,they are both useful things to have...i've heard about the snow from my sister who lives there,,,,i was thanking god that i wasnt living there while i was riding yesterday :D it was already a long long winter for me...
hope you can start riding soon too...
:Sport:

blubullit

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. Im from Lethbridge and I bought the same bike a week ago and have the same Km on it as you, also !!! The snow is a bummer but we have the chinooks to melt it quick. It wont be long.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here! I hope your weather gets better quick!

Go ahead and let Husband do some stuff to it. Guys really like that stuff!

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. Im from Lethbridge and I bought the same bike a week ago and have the same Km on it as you, also !!! The snow is a bummer but we have the chinooks to melt it quick. It wont be long.

Yes, those chinooks really do make up for a lot! I've had my bike out at least once in every month of the year with the chinooks!

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site! Whatever you do, don't say "nothing" when he asks you what you want for your birthday or any other gift-giving occasion unless you want your bike in pieces a few times a year. :)

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it is!

Cool, that's where I bought my blue one last August. I was dealing with Brent M. He's still working there? Seems like a great dealership. I had to truck mine all the way back to Edmonton though. :( LOL, don't regret it though. :thumbup:

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site! Whatever you do, don't say "nothing" when he asks you what you want for your birthday or any other gift-giving occasion unless you want your bike in pieces a few times a year. :)

Very true! Actually, I've already suggested that a Puig windscreen would make a nice birthday present!

Actually, I will let him wire in the GPS, it would be nice to have! :)

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, that's where I bought my blue one last August. I was dealing with Brent M. He's still working there? Seems like a great dealership. I had to truck mine all the way back to Edmonton though. :( LOL, don't regret it though. :thumbup:

Brent M is who I dealt with too. He was just great, and very helpful with getting the seat customized. :)

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it. I think I saw that one on the lot - you beat me to it! They had another in red last fall that I missed out on as well (sigh). Just gotta wait. I must had the red one. I found a 2006 in Medicine Hat with 2000 km on it, I be getting it for sure once I sell off my Piaggio.