New Member - New Rider - Ontario Canada

rye

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I finally did it. I actually didn't think I'd hit my mid-life crisis until 40 but I guess I'm about 10 years early.... :D I am now the proud 3rd owner of this 1986 Yamaha FZ600, my very first motorcycle! :thumbup: I think I have one of the more rare colour combos for the FZ... I've only seen them in white/red. Anyone else seen one like this?

I came across this forum while googling, and thought maybe it would be a good place to seek advice and maybe make some new friends too!

A bit about me... Name's Ryan, I'm 31, work from home as a web / graphic designer, and am into camping, target shooting, running, now riding, and long walks on the beach.

Thanks for having me here! Now to go for a ride.... (I ended up going for the ride before I posted this... haha ) :rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I have one of the more rare colour combos for the FZ... I've only seen them in white/red. Anyone else seen one like this?

I came across this forum while googling, and thought maybe it would be a good place to seek advice and maybe make some new friends too!

:welcome:

looks like you do have a rare color combo, least I've never seen it before!

And we're glad we came up on your google search...you will learn about your bike & make some friends! :thumbup:

rye

Reaction score
Visit site
That is one gorgeous bike! Congratulations and :welcome:.

Thanks! I lucked out... I got the bike not knowing for sure if it was running. Bought a battery, charged it up, drained the old fuel and put some new stuff in, boom, started up first try. Last time it was started was 2 years ago.

Welcome.....from Ontario.....nice bike

Thank you!

:welcome:

looks like you do have a rare color combo, least I've never seen it before!

And we're glad we came up on your google search...you will learn about your bike & make some friends! :thumbup:

Thank you for the welcome! I'm not sure how fond I am of the purple so it may have to get a coat of gloss black over everything. The fairings are a little rough so painting wouldn't be a bad idea. Unless you think I'm killing the nostalgic value.... lol

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome! I'm not sure how fond I am of the purple so it may have to get a coat of gloss black over everything. The fairings are a little rough so painting wouldn't be a bad idea. Unless you think I'm killing the nostalgic value.... lol

You know, being a female, I'd rock that color scheme.....:cheer:
But I don't know what colors they had in '86, so really can't comment on that.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great family!

Those colors are cool! I would spend the bucks on gear and the time on riding chops. Get with an experienced rider and if you haven't, an accredited motorcycle safety course.

Get a service manual for it. It will probably include schematics and service intervals.

Great to have you aboard! :)

rye

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great family!

Those colors are cool! I would spend the bucks on gear and the time on riding chops. Get with an experienced rider and if you haven't, an accredited motorcycle safety course.

Get a service manual for it. It will probably include schematics and service intervals.

Great to have you aboard! :)

Why thank you very much! It won't take me long or much money to paint her black.....but I guess real men ride purple pin-striped bikes, right? :D Once she's parked for the winter then I can do that, but until then, I'll spend every second I can spare riding! My brother-in-laws have been riding for years, but they're always busy working, hope to get out with them a few times before the snow comes anyway.

Got myself a haynes and factory service manual, between the two of them I'm pretty covered! Did my first oil change today on her and even went out for a little boot around town. (I'm in Port Dover, bike capitol of Canada!, on Fri 13th anyway. :D )

rye

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome! :D

Had my first drop today... :( Luckily I wasn't riding while it happened! Just simply turning the bike around in my garage while walking beside it....got a little off balance and it went over on me, gently...but still touched the ground! Guess it was bound to happen...sure is a lot heavier with a full tank of gas! You live you learn! lol