New Rider!!! I bought my first bike Wow

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I am a new rider and I just bought a 2007 bllue FZ6 with 4K on the clock and it still looks like new. I started out on a friends 1993 seca II put 1300 miles on it since may and then I fell into this deal. I paid 4 thousand for the bike with the touring windshield, 1 inch bar spacers, Blue gel grips, throttlemiester, comfort saddle and new dunlops. I bought it from a Airforce Pilot who took great care of it.
I have been lurking for a week now and thought I would come out of the shadows.

I have to say I took the bike past 8,000 RPM for the first time today and holy cow batman no one said this thing had warp drive.
Got to ticket speeds real quick.

Anyway this is a great site I have already found a lot of great info.
Thanks.

Hi All,

I am a new rider and I just bought a 2007 bllue FZ6 with 4K on the clock and it still looks like new. I started out on a friends 1993 seca II put 1300 miles on it since may and then I fell into this deal. I paid 4 thousand for the bike with the touring windshield, 1 inch bar spacers, Blue gel grips, throttlemiester, comfort saddle and new dunlops. I bought it from a Airforce Pilot who took great care of it.
I have been lurking for a week now and thought I would come out of the shadows.

I have to say I took the bike past 8,000 RPM for the first time today and holy cow batman no one said this thing had warp drive.
Got to ticket speeds real quick.

Anyway this is a great site I have already found a lot of great info.
Thanks.

Glad you are enjoying your new bike !

This is a great forum with lots of good information.

And, yes, to quote someone's signature...it goes from 0 to can I have my license back sir? in about 5 secs...

Welcome aboard! Congrats on getting your FZ! You definately have to respect it, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it too :thumbup:

Welcome to the family. This is an awesome forum to learn more about "our" bike. Very friendly too.
Just remember to wear your protective gear all the time. "Better sweat than Bleed", and Ride your ride.
BTW, Congrats on the bike.:D

Ares

welcome man! Gotta love that 8,000 rpm hit! It never gets old. :D Just be safe and remember, all the gear all the time!

Welcome, and congrats! Great price you got.

Oh, and "just past 8.000" is just getting into warp drive.
Or so I've heard; I haven't had mine past 11,000 yet (i don't think) so I'm still feeling my way along too.

Enjoy! :rockon:

Thanks for the great welcome.

I am a little short on safty gear right now.

I ride in a heavy leather jacket, Jeans, leather riding gloves and composite toed timberland safty boots. I also wear a helmet of course.

I am looking for a good mesh Jacket with armor for summer riding. my leather jacket is baking hot. I am leaning towards the Blue Joe rocket at my local motercycle shop, But 250 seems a little stiff to me. I am going to try searching the web. any good sites?? I know about new enough.com

Thanks

If you want a joe rocket mesh jacket, you probably should regulary check your local craigslist. I see riding gear there all of the time. If you're willing to spend money, you should look for a perforated LEATHER jacket. I'm riding with one now and it's only mildly less comfortable than the mesh one, but with alot more protection. I got mine for about 225 shipped from newenough.com. The only time there is a noticeable difference between the mesh and the leather is when sitting at a stoplight.

I've still got about 35 miles to go before I can do the 600 mile service and finally be able to open up my new bike. Right now the only bikes in my family's stable that are past break in are an 86 VFR700 Interceptor and my wife's 97 Ninja 250 which are very different animals.

You'd be surprised at how cool perforated leather is...it's only good for 75 and up unless you put layers under it.

Congrats on the bike and don't get ahead of yourself.

:thumbup:

Thanks for the great welcome.

I am a little short on safty gear right now.

I ride in a heavy leather jacket, Jeans, leather riding gloves and composite toed timberland safty boots. I also wear a helmet of course.

I am looking for a good mesh Jacket with armor for summer riding. my leather jacket is baking hot. I am leaning towards the Blue Joe rocket at my local motercycle shop, But 250 seems a little stiff to me. I am going to try searching the web. any good sites?? I know about new enough.com

Thanks

I have a Joe Rocket coat. I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure exactly which model it is as it was a gift. It is basically a 3 in 1 design. It has a removable outer shell, but still retains the armor. It also came with a fully water/wind proof liner. Well worth whaterver it costs. I use this coat in 90+ and as low as 15 degree weather. I wear tour master boots that cost around $100. They are very comfy and more protective than your standard hiking boots. Check those out too. Happy and SAFE riding to you!

Welcome aboard, check out this site: Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

I've bought a lot from them, it always ships quickly, they send you updates and tracking, and the prices are great. I think they still have a big sale going on right now too. Great selection- they tell you immediately when choosing sizes/colors whether it's in stock (ships IMMEDIATELY) available (ships in 2-3 days) or backordered (pick something else)- very convenient.

Good luck, ride safe!

Back