New stuff on it's way - Braking Wave Discs, Racetech Springs & Emulators, Ohlins Rear Shock, TB ti's

Im sure it will be worth the wait. Most mechanics would not have worried about the after effects of an after market part. Sounds like a genuine mechanic.

Yes your right, but i went to this guy, cause he is a suspension "guru", and together, we have worked on totally reworking the suspension and brakes on my bike, both front & back, to attain the best possible "ride' we can from a bike that has a great motor,but low spec OEM suspension. He is an ex-racer, and has really taken this job to heart, as he knows how much time & money i have put into this bike...

The braking Wave discs, braided lines, and Ferodo sintered pads have transformed the brakes...he told me today, he took it for a quick spin after he fitted, and did his first "preliminary" tune of the racetech fork mods, and put the new discs, and pads on, (before fitting rear shock) and says it now brakes like an R6! And when he took it for the second ride, after the rear shock was replaced, he was totally gobsmacked by the difference the Ohlins shock made...and he has not tuned that properly as yet...am looking forward to getting my bike back very much!

Oh and i also ordered a Speedo Healer, two sets of mini carbon look led indicators, and carbon look bar ends today.

Last edited:
Did you have the forks powerdercoated? That looks really sweet.

I'm going to be changing out my steering head bearings so, while I've got it torn down, may do the springs/emulators as you've done and get the forks coated at the same time.

Still waiting on the overall ride characteristic review... You've done exactly what I want to do suspension-wise. Your assessment of the bike -- great engine, sub-par suspension -- is spot-on.

wolf get nigel in sales to give it a ride he was racing fz6 cup when i bought mine in 04.

Yeah, he work's out of the building next door now, saw him the other day. He's the one who showed me his Naked FZ6 when I bought mine... started it up with his Leo's installed... think that's where I got the urge from to get them myself.

:)

In Australia at least, it is a lot cheaper than going down the R6 fork mod. You still get better performance, with springs chosen for your weight, and some adjustability via the Gold valve emulators, oh and i am getting it all set up by someone who is very experienced with suspension...should'nt be long now, Ohlins shock for rear has apparently been cleared by customs in Australia, so that cant be far away.

is the ride you get from these meant for the track, or daily driving/longer rides (100+ miles)...IYO, do you think the r6 fork mod would be a better idea than going a different route for me here in the states? thanks!

is the ride you get from these meant for the track, or daily driving/longer rides (100+ miles)...IYO, do you think the r6 fork mod would be a better idea than going a different route for me here in the states? thanks!

The ride i am looking for, is not about track, or road, it's about being able to set the bike up for my weight, riding style, etc. Cant do any of this without the ability to adjust, or with an OEM spring that is put in there as a compromise, so that it works for more than most...as well as it can being the spec that it is.

Whichever way you go, R6 fork conversion, or modding OEM, it's just about better handling, would of gone whichever way made sense, money and performance wise, and in this case, in Oz it's a lot cheaper to go the modification way....R6 forks go for $2000 in Australia!

Hey mate, have you had an opportunity to try the DB killers and if so what were the results? By the way, where did you get them from?

Thanx

Pipes are still waiting to go on the bike...will be early next week. The Db killers came with the pipe from Two Brothers.

Ok am bunping this thread with good reason...my mega list of mods is nearly done...here's my new Two Brother's Titanium cans....the first time they have been fired up....short video (18 seconds) taken on my phone at the bike shop today, but far out, get ready for a full frontal Aural assault! No Db killers! Freaking loud!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBiLEOztJxM"]YouTube - FZ6 Two Brothers Titanium Pipes, No Db Killers[/ame]

Here are some photo's as well. You can see my Ohlins Rear shock, Braking wave discs with front fender on, and new MCS mini "arrowhead" LED indicators as well.

View attachment 7650

View attachment 7651

View attachment 7652

More photo's, video (with & without Db killers) when i get the bike back on Thursday, after new front indicators are fitted (same as rear), Dyno run, and a couple of other little surprises are finished. Report to come, re suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc, after i go for a decent 300km ride through the twisties on Sunday.

:rockon:

Hey...that "Black on Orange" fuel tank reminds me of that one car...

PIRANHA.jpg

"Jade, she built a good car...but she got out!!"
"Never get out of the car..."

Anyway, you're new name for that FZ6 is Picard Piranha. Don't ask me; it was Raid's idea.

Last edited:
[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]Hey...that \"Black on Orange\" fuel tank reminds me of that one car...

PIRANHA.jpg

\"Jade, she built a good car...but she got out!!\"
\"Never get out of the car...\"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]Anyway, you're new name for that FZ6 is [COLOR=\"DarkOrange\"]Picard Piranha.[/COLOR] Don't ask me; it was [COLOR=\"Red\"]Raid's [/COLOR]idea.[/COLOR]

Yes it's very retro, the orange and black colour scheme, very 70's muscle car, or Hot Rod, or something???

:thumbup:

Going to pick my bike up in a couple of hours! :Flash::Flash::Flash:

Took it for a 5 minute spin early this morning, felt good, sounded "angry", looks much better, wont be getting Dyno run done till monday now, but will be taking it for a big ride on the weekend to sus out brake & suspension mods, and get feedback on set up.

:Flash::Flash::Flash:

from what wolfsaid the other night you wont have to look for him youll hear him. I dont think the neibours enjoyed me fitting the moded pipes on wednesday night, after i finished at 10.15 and had i good listen. I think it echoed a bit in the shed, cause girlfriend gave me a dirty look when i came in.

Back