New stuff on it's way - Braking Wave Discs, Racetech Springs & Emulators, Ohlins Rear Shock, TB ti's

lol,yeah.And considering the hours he gets home his neighbours are gonna hate him.I,m a little concerned about that when I fit my Leo's come to think of it .

Youll be switching off and walking it the last 2 blocks home. It will definately be wild when all are together, and started at once. On the first ride we did from wolf's we headed out to south rd via blacks road at flagstaff ( busa- yoshi, trx-staintune, ninja- cant remember, wolf- moded can, z1000- scorpian, and a couple of us with standard cans) when we pulled out on to south there was a cop bike booking a l plater, so all the guys opened it up, do you think he even flinched to look araound, no, just kept booking the poor little l-plater, it was so funny.

Well i have my bike back after nearly 3 whole weeks! Ok Handle bars & Sprocket are not on yet, i did'nt get it on the dyno today...that's happening on Monday, and there is still one other thing which i am waiting on.

But initial impressions are this....

Exhaust : Is very loud, but i like it a lot, nice, deep, gruff sound, and on the over rev, as you roll off the throttle, there is a very angry burble...sounds like a race bike basically. At this point, i have decided not to put in the Db killers!

Front Brake & Suspension Mods : Bike feels a LOT lighter in the front end, tips into a corner almost intuitively, no more excessive "dive" under brakes, and much better under hard braking, feels planted....basically it feels like a different bike, coupled with massively improved brake performance from the Braking Wave Discs, at this point, i cant fault it....Awesome, already i highly recommend this mod!

Rear Shock - Ohlins : Have not played with it yet, and installed it with the settings that Hardracing sent it to me with...initial impression is that it is much much better than stock, but still needs a bit of stiffening up, a little bit of wallow out of corners...especially two up with my son.

Will have a bit of a play before my ride on Sunday.

I also have taken off my Screen, and Hand Guards, no need for either now, as winter is over! Bike is now in Summer clothes!

Took the bike down to the local wood yard and weighed it, as new exhaust, rear shock, front brake discs, are all lighter, plus we have taken more weight out the back by not replacing a couple of plates at rear of bike, and the bike weighs 7.5 kilograms less than last time i weighed it, and last time i had a half full tank, this time it was 3/4's full.

Here's a quick snap of bike as it is today, taken with my phone, full review of suspension, etc, to come later.

View attachment 7789

Nice mate,well done.
I think I like it better without the screen,but what are you going to mount the GPS to ?
I was at yam world about 3:45 but I had missed you, bummer

Nice mate,well done.
I think I like it better without the screen,but what are you going to mount the GPS to ?
I was at yam world about 3:45 but I had missed you, bummer

Was back there at about 4.30pm. As for my GPS, i am mounting it to my tank via the mega suction cap! Tried it today, works a treat, looks trick! (am going to put a safety chain on the mount bracket to the top clamp, just in case).

Just put in the Db killers, as i am taking it to work tonight, and i just wanna see what difference they make...fired it up before and it's still pretty noisy at stand, but not as raucous, or raw as without.

:Flash:

The reason I ask is my Leo's came with the cat eliminator,just not sure if I should use it or not ?

Stumbles took his off I think.

Everyone i have spoken to says not too bother, does not change much. Yamaha World & Performance Superbike both said same, why bother does not make a squid of difference, maybe 1hp if anything.

Jim from PS said...."The fastest bike in the World has a Cat eliminator"...so i left it, might save me some stress one day, bit like the reflectors thing, but apparently the fine for not having one is quite steep....must find out.

I took mine out, used the cat-elim pipe that came with it.

Apparently, they aren't so hot on it over here, but if you plan on riding to Vic or NSW, I'd suggest leaving it in... The cops don't like 'em.. and I have heard that it is a massive fine.

I still have my cat pipe, just in case.

:)

Well boys, i just got home from taking my bike for a big "Night" ride through the Hills after work (120km's) and i have to say this...The racetech 1kg springs, gold valve emulators, and Aaron's (Workshop Manager from Yamaha World) set up is a revelation...My bike feels like a new bike...handling is sweeeeeeeeet!

Rear Shock, whilst a wheee bit soft right now, is also the same...a revelation...worth every penny i spent!

Folks, if you want an FZ6 that handles like a Sports Bike...get your suspension modded, and set up for your weight, and riding habits...cant describe the difference!

Yes i am getting excited, but wow, what a difference...makes me realise just how average my bike was, handling wise, before the mods.

Two Brother's pipes sound awesome, both, with and without Db Killers! Will be using Db Killers for everyday, city use, will be taking them out for Sport Riding on Sundays!

:Flash::Flash::Flash:

Wolf your deaf anyway arent you, duff duff duff duff, is all i would imagine you could hear. The speed you ride i think others on the road need to know your coming from a mile. lol

Wolf your deaf anyway arent you, duff duff duff duff, is all i would imagine you could hear. The speed you ride i think others on the road need to know your coming from a mile. lol

I am very deaf today...last nights gig was a bit loud, right ear is ringing like crazy! And dont worry i can be heard, missus said she heard me coming home this morning from about a kilometre away, and that was with the Db killers in....lol!

:eek:

Gave the bike a decent detail today...polished the exhaust headers with a rotary buffer...cleaned my chain...which was feral.

Found out something new about the Wave Discs today...they make cleaning your front wheel fun...they bite!

And Jules, i dunno what your on about? Lol!

Back