New stuff on it's way...part 4!

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
You planning to do anything with all the silver bits? I'm torn... on one hand I think it looks cool seeing all the nuts and bolts and on the other hand it would look cleaner if you couldn't

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bar end mirrors...Wolf where and how much? Im sick of being paranoid that a cop is behind me.

Geezs, you coulda said please! MCS, most bike shops, about $60 for the pair by memory.

You planning to do anything with all the silver bits? I'm torn... on one hand I think it looks cool seeing all the nuts and bolts and on the other hand it would look cleaner if you couldn't

I actually like all the stainless bolts....i think they break up the black a bit, like the rims, the rearset pegs, and the chrome handle bars.

But i must admit i have given black a thought...or even red...but not a real fan of anodised bolts...much prefer stainless.

:rockon:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually like all the stainless bolts....i think they break up the black a bit, like the rims, the rearset pegs, and the chrome handle bars.

But i must admit i have given black a thought...or even red...but not a real fan of anodised bolts...much prefer stainless.

Well you should at least do something with the passenger pegs

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone ever gotten all their engine bolts done in say red? I saw an awesome street triple fighter with that kind of setup, all black with red bolts.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, today i got the following back from the paint shop....
1. Black 07+ front fender (used to be pink)!
2. 07+ Swingarm...was previously very scratched (painting in original FZ6 frame gray)
3. Front sprocket cover...also very scratched (painting in original FZ6 frame gray)
4. And a racing chain guard....also very scratched (painting in original FZ6 frame gray)

View attachment 22551

View attachment 22549

View attachment 22550

View attachment 22552

View attachment 22553

Am very happy with the quality of the work...same guy that painted my seat cowl....front fender is flawless, no orange peel, etc...nice flek in the paint work, that matches tank & seat cowl. As for the Swingarm, that came up like brand new as well...

So anyway, as things tend to happen when we get to the shop to have a beer....one thing led to another, and Gazza and i decided to put the 07 Swingarm on Damien, as he has an 06 swingarm, which is not quite as aesthetically pleasing as the 07+ Swingarm...

And plus it would give me an opportunity to take the Exhaust off the bike and give it a decent clean, as it is pretty much impossible to clean properly when on the bike, and when finished cleaning, swap the 2 end cans around...as only one seems to do any work with the TB's "Y' pipe leading back to the headers...

Before....
View attachment 22554

After....
View attachment 22558

Anyway, i set to work cleaning stuff, and Gazza got to pulling the 06 swingarm out of Damien, followed by putting the 07+ swingarm in it's place.

All went very easily, in terms of swapping out the Swingarms, but we did have an issue with the axle sliders, because the Swingarm, and chain tension syustem is different, the long bolt that goes through your axle, toi connect the axle sliders, was too long...and we needed to chop it down, and then get out the tap & die set, and cut a new thread....hey presto, 06 axle sliders, become 07+ axle sliders!!!

NO SWINGARM!
View attachment 22555

"New" 07+ Swingarm in!
View attachment 22556

Torqueing the Swingarm pivot bolt to 125Nm
View attachment 22557

All we have left to do, is position the exhaust & tighten it, adjust back wheel, get chain tension right, torque it all to OEM settings, re-connect the electrics, and put rear seat unit, seat, and seat cowl back on...about 2 hours tomorrow night should do it...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well you should at least do something with the passenger pegs

When i swap out the 06 rear subframe for the 07+ Rear subframe, i will get the "You Beaut" 07+ detachable rear footrests, but i am inclined to use the 06 pegs themselves....i prefer the look of them....plain steel, v's Rubber backed, and not quite so racy looking IMHO.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am also going to put the 07+ rear subframe, and instrument cluster on Damien, to complete the transformation...only other thing's that are different till we swap motors and frame....is the O2 sensor, and the Cat i reckon????

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am also going to put the 07+ rear subframe, and instrument cluster on Damien, to complete the transformation...only other thing's that are different till we swap motors and frame....is the O2 sensor, and the Cat i reckon????

Yea...they might differ a little,but i'm sure y'all will sort it out with minimum stress,due to the help of Dr. Jack Daniels,and his assistant's Mr.Zigg,and Mr. Zagg!! LOL :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok did a couple of little things to the bike tonight...needed new grips, as my present set are worn, and one his a tear in them from rubbing on Mikey's bike's handlebars on the way back from our infamous Sydney road trip recently.

And we also need to move the Rear Paddock Stand pick up's...as with the Axle Armour in place, the present position of the pick up's is too close to the axle armour, for the race stand lugs to fit onto the pick up's...

I also have been needing another set of picks up for my other fz6, as it's rear paddock stand pick's got mashed in the highside at Mallala...

So i bought a new set....and am using these on the black bike, and putting the ones on damien back on the swingarm they were originally on!

Phew!

Anyway, here is the pic's!

Worn & ripped right grip!
View attachment 22710

Worn Left grip!
View attachment 22711

Nice new grips....Harris brand....carbon look, nice soft feel, easy to install.
View attachment 22712

Old Rear Race Stand Pickup's...too close to axle armour.
View attachment 22713

New Pick Up's.
View attachment 22714

New pick up's with stand in place..
View attachment 22715

Took us a little while to drill, and tap a new thread for the rear pick up's, and getting one of my bar end mirrors back on, was a hassle...as usual, but bloody minded-ness, and brute force won out on the day!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hopefully that HP figure will increase significantly :sinister:

I have the number 125 stuck in my head....i wonder whether it is attainable with what i am doing.....and whether the motor will retain it's reliability, and useability...the old dyno is gonna be important, me reckons...

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would consider that to be pretty significant....25%+ increase. WHEEEEEEEE :rockon:

For what it's going to cost......i would be hoping for at least a 20% increase...

i know this, whatever happens, it will be one hell of a ride once you twist the wrist! especially with a power shifter!

:sinister: