New stuff on it's way...part 4!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For what it's going to cost......i would be hoping for at least a 20% increase...

i know this, whatever happens, it will be one hell of a ride once you twist the wrist! especially with a power shifter!

:sinister:
It will be a noticable differance for sure!! you know the cheapest way to go faster is to Chop it down to the bare nescesitys!! I'm not saying to do that to Damien ,but the other bike......Yea!!! Build that FZ6 Chopper Man!! :D :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It will be a noticable differance for sure!! you know the cheapest way to go faster is to Chop it down to the bare nescesitys!! QUOTE]

which i have done...shed lots of weight all over the place with lighter replacement parts.....maybe if i lost 20kg's in weight....now that would really help!

:eek:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
which i have done...shed lots of weight all over the place with lighter replacement parts.....maybe if i lost 20kg's in weight....now that would really help!

Haha did anyone see the thread recently about a guy who I think was in the states who came to that same conclusion - ie that the easiest way to increase the power on his bike was to lose some weight!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha did anyone see the thread recently about a guy who I think was in the states who came to that same conclusion - ie that the easiest way to increase the power on his bike was to lose some weight!

Yes there is a very good reason why 125cc, and 250cc gp riders are all jockey size! If one of them bikes had my fat skanky butt on them, they wouldn't get off the starting grid!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

And the quickest way to lose big weight is with a good old fashioned amputation.....so get power shifter...and lose the un-needed limb:eek::spank::spank::ban::D

Cheers
Mike

P.S....The disclaimer!.........not really....lol...this is really dumb idea and anyone that does it needs to lay off the woopie weed.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And the quickest way to lose big weight is with a good old fashioned amputation.....so get power shifter...and lose the un-needed limb:eek::spank::spank::ban::D

Cheers
Mike

P.S....The disclaimer!.........not really....lol...this is really dumb idea and anyone that does it needs to lay off the woopie weed.:thumbup:

What a great idea! I am booking in for my left leg amputation next week!!!

;)

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers
Mike

LMAO!! :rof: Love the Disclaimer!!

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers
Mike

Good suggestion for a cager road racing forum!
"Hey guys wanna increase your cars take-off the mark? Think of decapitation! Yes, thats right, get rid of all that useless extra weight, like your brain, and you'll be doing record times!"

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to double post, BUT

Shouldn't you be getting the largest one cut off Wolfman? Rumour says its not the right or the left :ban:

Thats why we call him TRIPOD ,lol

lol....been an admin for less than 48 hours...and the grovelling starts already....

Keep it up boys!....the grovelling that is!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to double post, BUT

Shouldn't you be getting the largest one cut off Wolfman? Rumour says its not the right or the left :ban:

I heard the same rumour I think....It's the one in his hand:eek:....lol.

View attachment 22766

lol....been an admin for less than 48 hours...and the grovelling starts already....

Keep it up boys!....the grovelling that is!

Don't have to worry about any of that grovelling stuff from me...lol.:D:Flip::D

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, well today i got round to fitting another little bit of bling to "Damien"....a Valtermoto Fuel Cap...

When i crashed "Pinky" at the track, the camera mount i had attached to the petrol cap, got smacked about, and broke the fuel cap surround...so now that bike needs a new fuel cap...so i bought a you beaut Valtermoto fuel cap, which was actually a lot cheaper than the genuine Yamaha article.

So that bike will get Damiens OEM fuel Cap....once i have swapped out the locks...

And Damien is the happy recipient of this little baby!

View attachment 23163

View attachment 23164

I think it looks schmick...and it's also a lot lighter than the OEM article...took about 2 minutes to fit!

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the meantime, the rebuild of Pinky is coming along quite nicely, and by tonight, we should just about be finished putting her back together as a road bike....

Here's some photo's from yesterday's efforts...we put the swingarm, rear shock, rear wheel, brakes, levers, rearsets,...and a few other bibs and bobs back on....

View attachment 23165

View attachment 23166

View attachment 23167

View attachment 23168

almost looks like a bike again!

:rockon:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you're making good progress! I like your new fuel cap;)

On a side note, how's that Bagster tank cover treating the tank? Does it protect the paint well? I'm thinking about getting one for the 750 for longer trips.. :)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh nice! Have to admit I have a soft spot for that orange, its just such a nice colour on the FZ6, they really made it work where on some other bikes the oranges are just horrible!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh nice! Have to admit I have a soft spot for that orange, its just such a nice colour on the FZ6, they really made it work where on some other bikes the oranges are just horrible!

Yes.....the reason why it works is because it doesnt look Fluoro like lots of the other oranges used on bikes...like the Z750, and Z1000 orange from the last few years....that is just "in your face"...this orange is a bit more subtle.

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dropped off my bike rental at the workshop to Gaz while you were out today.

Fuel cap looks wikkid:rockon:. Way better in the flesh as usual.

You gonna get the barrel done to match your Yammy key?