Next bike? What it would be?

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
I don't see me switching the Fazer anytime soon... But if I was going to change the upgrade would be for the FJR... It's my dream, beautiful without saddlebags and great touring motorcycle.

But... If I was to choose something more versatile, with awesome power and VERY easy to ride, I would go for the Tracer (I think outside of Europe it's called FJ-09).

I would stay with Yamaha for sure, because one time I sold my Thundercat and bought a brand new Deauville and that motorcycle only gave me nightmares... So for me will be always Yamaha... In the future I would like to try the Suzuki and Kawasaki.

"V"

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
I seriously considered and FJR and the Kawasaki Concourse as well. I rode both at Bike Week. I felt instantly at home on the FJR. Nice bike. This BMW is my first non-Yamaha.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would go for a Honda CBR650F, for the following reasons :

1- Sports bike for the plate of a touring ( in Quebec, racers cost 1200 a year for the plate vs most other bikes 650.)
2- Clip ons
3- 4 Cyl with about the same power as the FZ6

I find it looks good and it's affordable. I would go for a R6 if it wasn't that we got to pay a big premium for the plate.

PICTURES!
You don't really seem to be gaining anything there IMHO, and then you have to worry about it having the Yamaha reliability, and then furthermore the FZ6 reliability.

ha ha and the guy who explained about this bike looked like a dunce, when he said, I have to stop do a complete stop and then switch from economy mode to sport mode in the event when a sportbike guy just overtook you.
I was like, did he hear himself(I couldn't find the like to the video).
Anyway, If I have the chance to go for Harley's, I would choose V-rod muscle.
But a 2008 used one is around 9k, so, I sticked to FZ6, few months ago while searching.(I know its a classic bike and FZ6 is a multi-purpose bike, but I'm into bikes, not a specific model, anyway).
LOL, yeah I think the Zero I rode let you change the mode while moving. The Jivewire's such a POS through and through but yeah I heard the Vrod is a beast, even from some sport bike friends of mine because apparently it's HD's race model. I know it and many other HD's have impressive torque, but they're also just big motors, you can assuredly get the same chest gripping torque from less from a japanese bike of a lesser displacement.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Under budget, nothing really appeals to me over the FZ6 though, it's just too versatile and reliable a machine to ever look at anything else. The only thing I would enjoy is better fuel economy (which I'd always want so this is not really a stand out wish)

That's why I'm seriously considering the FZ09, it essentially just a new FZ6 (mine is naked). It's even the same MSRP that my 2009 FZ6 had. I'v been tracking the FZ6 more and more and am starting to get worried that I'll be out of a street bike if I go down. So of course the solution is two bikes. I'd rather not spend a lot of money on a new bike to ride at the track, so I'm gonna spend money on a new shiny street bike.

I would go for a Honda CBR650F, for the following reasons :

1- Sports bike for the plate of a touring ( in Quebec, racers cost 1200 a year for the plate vs most other bikes 650.)
2- Clip ons
3- 4 Cyl with about the same power as the FZ6

I find it looks good and it's affordable. I would go for a R6 if it wasn't that we got to pay a big premium for the plate.

2014-cbr650f-for-sale-tn-ga-al-cbr650-sportbike-prices.jpg

bd5216367984992214168.jpg

That bike is actually extremely similar to the FZ6 right down to the price tag. The problem is it isn't anything special. It doesn't really have any characteristics that make me lust over it. The FZ09 on the other hand has an amazing motor.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I've already done the next bike after my FZ6, I've got a Triumph Speed Triple and a KTM 690 Enduro r :)
I think my next one will either be a KTM 1190/1290 adv or the 1290 super duke if i had the money. Otherwise nothing else floats my boat just yet.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the Triumph XRX. No hideous fake air scoop for one thing. The FJ-09 should have gas in that area! But, my FZ6 is still the Goldilocks of bikes IMO. Centerstand, 200+ mile range, 50+MPG, and no random irregular pointless slabs of flat black plastic!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the Triumph XRX. No hideous fake air scoop for one thing. The FJ-09 should have gas in that area! But, my FZ6 is still the Goldilocks of bikes IMO. Centerstand, 200+ mile range, 50+MPG, and no random irregular pointless slabs of flat black plastic!

I was on the fence about the FJ-09 but my riding buddy bought one and he already has 10,500 miles on it! He's getting 200 miles on a tank on road trips and I've ridden the thing and it is more comfortable than the FZ6 and that triple is a perfect engine. I don't think I would ever be satisfied with an inline 4 again after owning a triple.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

Not the XRX, but this is my riding buddies bike.

He had a 2007 FZ6 previously, he told me that he can't believe he ever had the FZ6. The Tiger is so much better.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was on the fence about the FJ-09 but my riding buddy bought one and he already has 10,500 miles on it! He's getting 200 miles on a tank on road trips and I've ridden the thing and it is more comfortable than the FZ6 and that triple is a perfect engine. I don't think I would ever be satisfied with an inline 4 again after owning a triple.
This is why I'm afraid to ever ride an FZ09 or an FJ09, I'll want one haha

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Just test rode the FZ09 and FZ07 in Mukwonago, Wi (also too my FZ6 on the same route). The route was a good mix of 55 mph straights and some nice winding roads. I got to really push the three bikes a bit in the corners, some of the corners felt like I could have got my knee down if I was more familiar with them.

I have to say I have mixed feelings, but the real surprise is the FZ07.

The 2015 FZ09 has a throttle response that is far better than the 2014 model. No more snatchy throttle here, not even in A mode. The suspension however, is awful. It was softer and had worse rebound dampening than my 2009 FZ6. I hit bump mid corner with a bit of lean angle and I felt like I was riding a pogo stick. It was actually a bit scary. The motor however :D It makes up for the poor suspension.

The FZ07 was actually really surprising to me, the suspension is far more confidence inspiring than the FZ09. The bike even has more poke down low than my FZ6! I wish I would have been able to redline it to see how it compares up top. This bike was just so much fun in the corners! However, I really didn't like how much engine braking it had. Downshift was a bit tricky too, I felt like the throttle was just too snatchy. It probably had the worst on/off response out of all three bikes.

My FZ6, well, it's familiar to me so... obviously I felt comfortable on it. However, you can really feel the extra weight. The bike is less eager to change directions than the newer bikes. However, once you get it into a corner it's super stable. The FZ6 seems to soak up mid-corner bumps far better than the FZ09 while having a bit more go than the FZ07.

I think the FZ07 would be a great bike to buy and make zero modifications too. The FZ09 has an amazing motor, but needs suspension work. The FZ6 is a good value on the used market and actually holds it's own respectably against the two newer bikes.

I think I'm still pretty set on the FZ09, but after riding it through some hard corners I now know it REALLY needs help in the suspension department. I don't know how they managed it, but both the FZ6 and FZ07 felt far more planted than the FZ09.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Just test rode the FZ09 and FZ07 in Mukwonago, Wi (also too my FZ6 on the same route). The route was a good mix of 55 mph straights and some nice winding roads. I got to really push the three bikes a bit in the corners, some of the corners felt like I could have got my knee down if I was more familiar with them.

I have to say I have mixed feelings, but the real surprise is the FZ07.

The 2015 FZ09 has a throttle response that is far better than the 2014 model. No more snatchy throttle here, not even in A mode. The suspension however, is awful. It was softer and had worse rebound dampening than my 2009 FZ6. I hit bump mid corner with a bit of lean angle and I felt like I was riding a pogo stick. It was actually a bit scary. The motor however :D It makes up for the poor suspension.

The FZ07 was actually really surprising to me, the suspension is far more confidence inspiring than the FZ09. The bike even has more poke down low than my FZ6! I wish I would have been able to redline it to see how it compares up top. This bike was just so much fun in the corners! However, I really didn't like how much engine braking it had. Downshift was a bit tricky too, I felt like the throttle was just too snatchy. It probably had the worst on/off response out of all three bikes.

My FZ6, well, it's familiar to me so... obviously I felt comfortable on it. However, you can really feel the extra weight. The bike is less eager to change directions than the newer bikes. However, once you get it into a corner it's super stable. The FZ6 seems to soak up mid-corner bumps far better than the FZ09 while having a bit more go than the FZ07.

I think the FZ07 would be a great bike to buy and make zero modifications too. The FZ09 has an amazing motor, but needs suspension work. The FZ6 is a good value on the used market and actually holds it's own respectably against the two newer bikes.

I think I'm still pretty set on the FZ09, but after riding it through some hard corners I now know it REALLY needs help in the suspension department. I don't know how they managed it, but both the FZ6 and FZ07 felt far more planted than the FZ09.
To really be honest, the FZ6 needs suspension work for most riders anyway, so the bit of work you'd have to do to the FZ09 is really not that much more. Was it only the rear that felt out of whack for you, or did the front seem bouncy as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
To really be honest, the FZ6 needs suspension work for most riders anyway, so the bit of work you'd have to do to the FZ09 is really not that much more. Was it only the rear that felt out of whack for you, or did the front seem bouncy as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is true. The fz6 does need suspension work. However, it was the best out of the three not much better than the fz07 though.

The fz09 seemed really bouncy on both ends, I didn't notice that it was the front or the rear. It seemed like a pretty even bounce to me. It was fine until I started pushing it hard through the corners. On smooth surfaces I don't think it would have bothered me, but it was downright scary over some bumps while leaned over.

It's interesting that last time I rode the fz09 I didn't notice this. However, this time I got to ride it on roads that I could have got my knee down on and it really showed how much worse the rebound was than the fz6. The fz6 is rideable stock, I'm not sure I'd want to ride the fz09 very hard with its stock suspension.

I made sure to go back and hit the bumps that were scary on the fz09 with my fz6. I even hit them at a higher pace just to make sure it wasn't in my head. The fz09 does have rebound adjustment so maybe it could be dialed out but I don't know.

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've already done the next bike after my FZ6, I've got a Triumph Speed Triple and a KTM 690 Enduro r :)
I think my next one will either be a KTM 1190/1290 adv or the 1290 super duke if i had the money. Otherwise nothing else floats my boat just yet.

Cool, how is your Speed T? how is the stock suspension and handling?
I read its much lighter than our FZ6, do you like it better?
I'm wondering about Street Triple, not Speed.
I read lots of good reviews on the street, even in triumph forums.
What do you say?
I have a couple of deals in my area now, If they are ABS, I might show more interest in switching soon.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
The Street Triple and the FZ6 have similar max HP ratings, but the Triumph has a flatter torque curve and about 50 fewer pounds to propel forward so it feels much more potent than the Fizzer.