Ninja 1000 and FZ1 get another competitor

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What do you all think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU64HKdBcRg"]GSX-S1000F/ABS promotional movie - YouTube[/ame]

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
It does not look all that great. I think the FZ1 would probably give Kawasaki the run for its money once they put full fairings on it. If you are going to compete in that market, people will want fairing protection.

Is it going to replace the Bandit 1250?

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
_dsc3391-crop-u357.jpg

Well it sure does look comfy, but there's some key questions still to be answered.

• What does it cost?
  • What is the power like?
  • What is the wet weight?
  • Will Suzuki offer factory luggage? (If not the Ninja 1000 is the clear winner).

I think this bike would make a really good looking single day 350-500 mile steed. I bet it looks really good with a tail tidy and a solo seat cowl, I like the styling better than the Ninja 1000.

Kawasaki-Ninja-1000-Carplace-Moto-37.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it sure does look comfy, but there's some key questions still to be answered.

• What does it cost?
  • What is the power like?
  • What is the wet weight?
  • Will Suzuki offer factory luggage? (If not the Ninja 1000 is the clear winner).

No specifics on any of the above yet, but I bet the answer to all will be "same as FZ1 and Ninja 1000". Agree about luggage.. OEM ones on Ninja look very clean.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
No specifics on any of the above yet, but I bet the answer to all will be "same as FZ1 and Ninja 1000".

That's kind of what I'm hoping. The Ninja 1000, FZ1 & GSX-S1000F are really what I'm considering for my next bike. They suit my riding style perfectly.

Not to mention they're cheap used.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was like wtf, really? They've been running superchargers on the small marine stuff for years, so i guess it was just a matter of time. Modern electronics being what they are will keep the sane people alive a bit longer, the others better have a good insurance policy....
At least its not a turbo, unwanted boost is not friendly. Well for "our expectations" of a bike at least.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the GSX-S1000F looks great. Too bad the half-naked version has a single headlight. Never liked those. Also too bad the Bandit is UK only (and it also has a single headlight.)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the GSX-S1000F looks great. Too bad the half-naked version has a single headlight. Never liked those. Also too bad the Bandit is UK only (and it also has a single headlight.)

Used Bandits can be had for very little money and they're nearly unchanged. I've ridden a 07.. one of the flattest torque curves out there (a good thing for a relaxed, always-have-power street experience).