NorCal ride 10/9 SJ/Pinnacles/Carmel/SJ

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing the riding post for next weekend from the SoCal boys, I thought I'd plan a ride for this Saturday, 10/9 for a trip from San Jose through Watsonville and Hollister down Hwy 25 past Pinnacles Monument to King City, then across Arroyo Seca to Carmel and back up the coast to San Jose. Here's the link to the map: Directions to Los Gatos, CA - Google Maps
I'm planning on going even if it's only a pack one one, :D, but I'd like to spend the day with any of the NorCal riders interested in going. KSU time and place to be determined by who's going but it will be a full day of awesome riding for those who come along.
Cheers,
Lefty

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I would ride with you John, if it wasn't 390 miles to the start point!
I just can't believe there isn't more interest to do those awesome routes, especially now with nice weather.

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great route John! It's the one that we cut out of our trip back from So Cal. I'm bummed I can't go, but our older daughter has soccer games on Saturdays this time of year. Like Cali Rider said, hopefully some of our Nor Cal riders will take advantage of the nice weather; this week gave us a reminder that wet weather is right around the corner!!

Did you PM the Nor Cal group?

Have fun and be safe!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I got back from my solo ride a couple of hours ago and thought that I'd share a couple of pics.. A total of 320 miles and just over 7 glorious hours of riding ecstasy. On the way to my first stop I passed ever so close to Chemikers house and was tempted to stop by and give him a hard time about not being able to come along..but I thought that was pretty cold so I just kept going.

My first stop to stretch my legs was at Uvas Reservoir where a park ranger actually pulled off the road just to talk motorcycles with me.
5065833975_1ed9a45599_m.jpg

Leaving Uvas Reservoir I head south/east to Gilroy and the East to Hollister on Hwy 25. Once getting through town I was on open Hwy 25 with no traffic heading towards Pinnacles National Monument. As you can see the road was deserted and on this stretch you have the opportunity to check your speedo or see how fast you're willing to top your FZ out at. Last time I was at this spot I got up to 2.6 times the posted limit. :spank:
5066447940_68346c0040_m.jpg

Next stop was King City after 45 miles of open Hwy to myself. I grabbed a quick lunch of tasty Mexican food and then on to Arroyo Seco/Carmel Valley Road to Carmel.
5065839275_b9a4ec66c1_m.jpg

This next pic was taken at the top of Arroyo Seco Road before heading down into the Carmel Valley.Again I had the road to myself. :rockon:
5066453228_1208463c49_m.jpg

5065844723_3cbafe37cb_m.jpg

On the road to Carmel Valley I found myself in need of a "bathroom" brak and found Ma and Pa Kettle's place not far down the road. Unfortunately, no one was home so I continued my trip in mild discomfort...
5065847489_39f6f9d032_m.jpg

5066492436_b46fba8d7f_m.jpg

Sorry, that's all the pics I took today, I was having too much fun riding to stop and take more. I am doing better though, and I today I took Vegasrider's que of hanging my camera around my neck with a lanyard. Thanks Kenny!
All in all it was an awesome day riding except I missed my riding pals, Travis, John, David and all the hooligans from SoCal. We have to make this ride together someday!:thumbup: