Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent Tom!

We're very excited to get to meet you all and make this trip! It will be great to see everyone!

Please drive safe everyone! See you all Saturday morning!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent Tom!

We're very excited to get to meet you all and make this trip! It will be great to see everyone!

Please drive safe everyone! See you all Saturday morning!

Liar, you will see us tomorrow night... I am very excited, just lubed the chains, I lubed my clutch cable, tightened Keira's chain and installed some more plate lights on her bike, packing up in the morning, then heading up after work!!! anyone need my number just PM me and i'll send it to you!!!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I preped the bike for the trip today. The black Galfer lines, I ordered finally came in today, so I them installed this evening. Charged the battery, changed oil, washed it, lubed the chain, and checked all the bolts. It's more than ready!

On a side note I'll be traveling 2 up as well. I'll be leaving here around 3:30, and hitting NYC traffic right at rush hour on Friday.:eek: Garmin says a little over 6 hours, so I'm hoping to make it in 8, which would put me at the hotel around 11:30. I'm feel like a kid on Christmas eve.:D

I am glad you are not going alone, that is a long trip to take, especially after working all day. Ride safe, take breaks to stretch and rehydrate(I sound like a mom, well I am one) I know you are an experienced rider but I guess the Mom in me worries about the long ride....take care, and have a fantastic time. ;)

Deb

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Liar, you will see us tomorrow night... I am very excited, just lubed the chains, I lubed my clutch cable, tightened Keira's chain and installed some more plate lights on her bike, packing up in the morning, then heading up after work!!! anyone need my number just PM me and i'll send it to you!!!

;) Well SOME of you I'll see today! :D

I'm sorry you cannot make it Deb. We were looking forward to meeting you and your Hubby.

We'll all be sharing pics!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be thinking of you all, and wishing you good weather and safe riding :)

Deb

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back home safe and tired after a great ride yesterday. It was nice to meet some many people from the forum and many thanks to FZ6inNH for all the effort planning/coordinating. I expect some good photo posting for us poor riders whose wife insisted on having the camera somewhere else this weekend.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Michele and I are also back home safe! I have to sort through the pics and then put them in the FTP site. I'll post the site name along with the login info later tonight.

I want to thank EVERYONE for a fantastic weekend! We had the absolute BEST weather and a totally incident free tour although ant_mb did have a valve stem core fail on the way up Friday night. :( We had 15 people, beautiful weather, excellent visability, great roads and zero incidents. The gathering at the resort afterward was a really great finish to the day.

We left at 8am and got back into Lincoln at 9:30 pm. It was a long day and we wore out nearly everyone! You were all great company and I sincerely appreciate your cooperation with responsible and safe riding! We were very happy to meet each and every one of you. I hope everyone makes it home safe!

Pics to follow soon. :thumbup:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back in here. Spent all day meandering NH back roads in a southerly fashion. Thanks FZ6inNH for putting this together, and it was a pleasure to meet everyone! I'll have a bunch of pics too, but in the meantime here is a video of a guy driving the Kancamangus. (not any of us) The hairpin is at 40 seconds left in the vid. Definitely need to do this again... Perhaps in the fall???:thumbup:

7-6-07 part 4 - Kancamangus Highway 3 - Channel: RideYourRide on LiveVideo.com

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Kellina and I made it back safe as well!:thumbup:

Thanks for a great weekend guys. I didn't get to spend as much time with you all as I would have liked, but it was a lot of miles cramed into 2 days for me. We would up doing 1200 miles 2up in 47 hours.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back in here. Spent all day meandering NH back roads in a southerly fashion. Thanks FZ6inNH for putting this together, and it was a pleasure to meet everyone! I'll have a bunch of pics too, but in the meantime here is a video of a guy driving the Kancamangus. (not any of us) The hairpin is at 40 seconds left in the vid. Definitely need to do this again... Perhaps in the fall???:thumbup:

7-6-07 part 4 - Kancamangus Highway 3 - Channel: RideYourRide on LiveVideo.com

It was definitely more fun both mornings (yeah I did it again this morning :D) than last night at dusk wondering if a moose was going to wander out. Looks like the VFR was moving faster than I was except for the 90+ bit it took to overtake the one SUV going my way who was previously travelling 45 mph until I had a chance to pass.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was a good time indeed, thanks to Eric for arranging a great group ride!!( I'll do better on the sweeping duties next time);)
Was a pleasure to meet all of you.

That Mt Washington ride was absolutely fun/scary:rockon:

My one little pic contribution. Looking at the head of Tuckermans Ravine.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
We're home safe too:Flash:

Thanks to everyone for such a great time. It was nice meeting/seeing you again. Thanks Eric and Michelle for the help with our lodging Saturday night, Sandy really didn't feel like riding any farther looking for a place to stay, and I enjoyed hanging out with all of you guys, pizza and beer was great after that long ride. I hope to post some of our pics if they are any good/not duplicates of what already gets posted.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, made it home too. But man I wish I could be in those mountains again, what a good time!

Whose black FZ6 is that? It's looking good! Looks a bit faster then all the others too...

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a good shot...
IMG_1231.jpg

S

sportrider

glad you guys had fun!!! one of these days we should plan a East meets West ride

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site