Now for something a little different...

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
After 5 years and 37,000 miles my wife and I have replaced our Nomad. We really changed up too, going in a totally different direction so to speak.

Recently we had a guy come in and trade a loaded 2007 FJR 1300 for a (of all things) watercraft. His wife wasn't riding with him anymore, it was too hot, he lives on a lake, etc. I talked the boss into letting us ride it one week-end and after a 300 mile 'test ride' I was hooked. A couple of weeks later and after much haggling and finagling it came home with us.

As I said, it's a 2007 and had just over 14K on it (it now has closer to 15K) it has the Yamaha Tour Trunk, a Corbin seat, J&M CB/WX/Intercom, PIAA headlights and accessory lights mounted on the forks, Hyperlite brake lights, throttle lock, a couple of RAM mounts, an aftermarket bigger windscreen, the stock seat and a transferable YES warranty that provides us with a full factory warranty until late in 2012. Plus, Bryan and I keep finding...stuff. Like a couple of bags full of tools under the seat and a spare key hidden in the fairing. I'm going to call him and offer to give his tools back as well as a mount for a Garmin GPS that I'll never use.

We rode it again this past Saturday and put another 300 miles on it, and we're truly enjoying the bike. I want to do a couple of things to tweak the ergos a little bit, but other than that... Just need time to ride!

Bruce

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 5 years and 37,000 miles my wife and I have replaced our Nomad. We really changed up too, going in a totally different direction so to speak.

Recently we had a guy come in and trade a loaded 2007 FJR 1300 for a (of all things) watercraft. His wife wasn't riding with him anymore, it was too hot, he lives on a lake, etc. I talked the boss into letting us ride it one week-end and after a 300 mile 'test ride' I was hooked. A couple of weeks later and after much haggling and finagling it came home with us.

As I said, it's a 2007 and had just over 14K on it (it now has closer to 15K) it has the Yamaha Tour Trunk, a Corbin seat, J&M CB/WX/Intercom, PIAA headlights and accessory lights mounted on the forks, Hyperlite brake lights, throttle lock, a couple of RAM mounts, an aftermarket bigger windscreen, the stock seat and a transferable YES warranty that provides us with a full factory warranty until late in 2012. Plus, Bryan and I keep finding...stuff. Like a couple of bags full of tools under the seat and a spare key hidden in the fairing. I'm going to call him and offer to give his tools back as well as a mount for a Garmin GPS that I'll never use.

We rode it again this past Saturday and put another 300 miles on it, and we're truly enjoying the bike. I want to do a couple of things to tweak the ergos a little bit, but other than that... Just need time to ride!

Bruce
Very nice!! Someday I will own an FJR! I would call it an excellent decision.:rockon:

W

wrightme43

Awesome ride Bruce. I would love to have one too. I hope you both have a blast with it.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've rode one they are very nice bike's.I considered tradin the fz in on one back in December of 08.the price was too far off for me though. :thumbup::thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great deal Bruce! Loaded up and ready to tour. I really like the FJR a lot. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful machine Bruce!
Was talking to a guy that used to race bikes and was riding one. He had arthritis pretty bad and had the bucks to try a lot of different bikes and the one he chose for long ride and comfort was the FJR. Would love to have one for 2 up with the better half.

Cliff

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, with all the FZ6 riders jumping to FZ1's, I wasn't jealous at all, but OK, you got me. That is a nice looking ride. I think I'll have the FZ6 for awhile, but that may be my next bike. Congratulations and enjoy it.

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words. The thing is, the PO traded for one of those high dollar 250 hp jet ski's and we ended up with less in it than you might think. I've got more in it than a new FZ6, but not much. :D

The funny thing is though, Bryan used to run off and hide from his mom and I in the twisties, now he only walks off and hides. Guess I'm still just a :squid:. ;)

Bruce

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
thats a nice bike. I take a good look over the one they have at my local dealer every time I go there.

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
It did. The PO had installed one of those sock hangy thingys on the right fairing just below the windscreen. I tried it on our initial test ride and was disappointed with it's performance and the aesthetic properties so Bryan and I removed it during our tear town/inspection/re-wire and fluid change this week.

Bruce

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
It did. The PO had installed one of those sock hangy thingys on the right fairing just below the windscreen. I tried it on our initial test ride and was disappointed with it's performance and the aesthetic properties so Bryan and I removed it during our tear town/inspection/re-wire and fluid change this week.

Bruce

Fairings...FTL!!

The pictures really dont do the color justice, it really is an amazing color. That and like he said, the bike is full of really cool stuff.

-Adjustable Fairings for wind protection
-Prewired for everything, except driving lights.. still need to study to wiring diagram some more...
-Adjustable seat height
-Knobs for aiming the headlights on the fly

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
That's my dream bike too.:thumbup:

Can you give us more info on the accessory driving lights on the forks please? From what I can see in the pics they mount on the lower portion of the fork? Are they wired to the headlights? How did they conceal the wire? Are they aftermarket?

(I know...I ask a lot of questions) :rolleyes:

As we all know the FZ6 headlights aren't exactly the most illuminating, and I've considered trying to rig up driving lights on my own, with no idea that someone apparently makes them already. I'm not willing to invest the time/$ in a HID setup, so this looks perfect.

Thanks!:Flash:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice Bruce, what a wonderful ride. That is a totally different direction! Sounds like you got a great deal too! Well done. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On a side note, how are the Cannondale's holding up? Can you get parts for them still?

I sold C-Dales on the bicycle side back in the late 80's and early 90's, nice bikes for the most part. I don't care for their house brand components however. Too many warranties.