Oh so Stock

washroad

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just droppin in to post up my new purchase, 2007 FZ6 with 1212 miles.
Looking forward to learning all the good stuff about this bike and racking up the miles on it. New here and new to the road riding world. Have 35+ years riding/racing dirt bikes. Off for 12 yrs, but hey the Dr has fixed my knees. Reviewed a few bikes, learned some from this site and came up with this is what I need. I will be doing short commute and hoping for short tour ride.
Keeping it stock until I get dailed in.. So far road it home in the rain, 11 miles, and never went over 4500 rpm. Well it was dark and my goggles were bad. Anyway,, I am sure I will trashin the thing soon enough.
DSCN0119.jpg

washroad

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I will be around. Will be checking out how to get both headlights to work on low beam and a few other goodies to get started. Have a friend that says I won't be disappointed in the purchase. Lots of info here, I am sure it will help.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As for headlight mods, member BD43 - he has a dual headlight mod - the majority of the forum recommend it. Contact him. Daryl will be glad to point you in the right direction. Unlike a lot of other people with headlight mods on the forum, this one is LEGAL.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Nice looking bike! I did BD43's ligh mod and it is easy. Then you get swept away doing too many, exhaust, fender eliminator, new led turn signals, grips, etc.

Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks around to help you out! And lots of different opinions too! :BLAA:

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. The FZ6 is great in stock form. No mods necessary, but knock yourself out. As for my dual headlight mod, I just ride with the high beams on :D

washroad

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, how about some quick rear shock preload setting. I read in the manual that it is at 3. I am 190 no gear, and is there anyway to preload the front forks. Thinking it is designed for more the 150-160 lb rider.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, how about some quick rear shock preload setting. I read in the manual that it is at 3. I am 190 no gear, and is there anyway to preload the front forks. Thinking it is designed for more the 150-160 lb rider.

At minimum you want 4. For aggressive riding, try 5.
Did you say "Goggles"?? Were you using MX gear? :D

washroad

Reaction score
Visit site
At minimum you want 4. For aggressive riding, try 5.
Did you say "Goggles"?? Were you using MX gear? :D

Oh yea, MX helmet with the good old long visor. I just grabbed what was in the garage, scratched lens and the whole bit. Will be looking into some new gear.
I am just north the Seattle, WA area, so I see alot of cool weather and wet weather. My list will be 1- helmet 2- jacket 3- pants then go from there.