Ok to lower?

gogators

Reaction score
Visit site
i really would like a 2009 fz6 i am 5' 2" i need a seat height of 25-26 in can this model b lowered to fit me? i have conflicting answers help!!!!!??????

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First! :welcome: to this great forum!

You might do a search and find some good info on lowering your FZ6. Everything from shaving the seat to suspension mods may net you your goal.
Again, welcome to our great family!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i really would like a 2009 fz6 i am 5' 2" i need a seat height of 25-26 in can this model b lowered to fit me? i have conflicting answers help!!!!!??????

First: :welcome: to the forum......you're gonna love it!

Second: Use the search function, there are a few threads about lowering the FZ6. But I can tell you from experience that it's not easy or cheap. I am 5'3" and what I ended up doing was adjusting the pre load setting & getting a lowered seat. Still was up on the balls of my feet, but a little more managable.

p.s. are you giving up on the Blast? I rode one at a conference, gawd, what a fun little bike it was!

gwaihir

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm 'vertically challenged' as well at 5' 7" and shaved my seat following Sanger's great post.
I'm very pleased with the way it looks but still can't get my feet completely flat on the deck.
The width of the seat has also been reduced so it does feel more comfortable but I don't ride long distances so don't know how it will fell after a long ride because of the reduction in foam.
I honestly don't think, at your height, you will get the required lowering with the seat alone and may have to consider a suspension mod.

gogators

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks! and yes i plan on getting rid of my blast prob use it for a trade in not sure might just sell it

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
I'm 5'2" and use a shaved seat and wear boots with a heel (like Harley Davidson cruiser boots) and I can touch floor comfortably. You can also go for the lowered shock option too, but shaved seat is perfectly alright. Be aware of getting a numb bum though on long rides!

txlyman

Reaction score
Visit site
Lowered shock coupled with dropping the triple trees on the forks a tad will work... I haven't done this, and I am unsure exactly how much room we have because of our handlebars.. but I don't think an inch is out of the question. I believe there are also new fork springs that will lower the front end as well rather than dropping the triple trees on the forks.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
No expert on this but have to be careful when lowering so the geometry is not messed up. Can't drop the forks in the triple trees much or it will change the turn in and may lead to high speed wobble due to changing the rake or angle of the front suspension. Check into lowering springs and boots like spine recommended. Shaving the seat can help - there are a couple of threads about seat padding. You should be able to take some height off without sacrificing comfort.