On the lookout for a new pair of boots

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Hey guys and gals. i'm at a point that i have to get a new set of boots. i would search the site, but seeing as how all the old threads are empty right now i figured i'd ask. my cheap wal-mart work boots have holes in the soles. i'm beyond poor so i've been looking at two options.

my main things needed...
- CHEAP - i'd like to stay near $100.00 (if not below)
- i need to be able to wear them while at work
--- they don't need to be nice, just not look like i'm going to the races
--- i normally wear jeans and a t-shirt
- waterproof would be nice but aren't a must

with that, here are the two options i've been thinking of

2010-Icon-Super-Duty-4-Boots.jpg

Icon Super Duty

2009_Teknic_Thunder_Waterproof_Boots_Black.jpg

Teknic Thunder Waterproof Boots

any real life thoughts? or do you guys have some other options in the same style and price?

I use the Thor 50-50 boot and it's a comfortable boot for me. I use it as a boot when I'm going to ride to work and don't need race gear. They have them in a few colors.
2011 THOR 50/50 BOOTS | MotoSport

cliff, i'm going to assume if you're sharing that they're comfortable throughout the day. so i guess the big question is how true to size are they? i wear a 10 in everything. if i order a 10 in these will they fit or do they run small?

Don't know what size you take but there are some good deals on used boots over on ADV, for example--
AXO Shorty Boots sz 12 - ADVrider

Jerry

jerry i took a look over there. kinda wish i would have thought about that sooner. it's at the point that i really need to get something 2 weeks ago so i don't have a tone of time to shop around to wait for something used that fits. i went through 4 pages or so and didn't see anything that fit. i wear a 10. if i can time later today i might spend some time digging a little deeper over there. thanks very much for the suggestion and link.

Not bad, but I find taller boots better since when I bend my legs, pants crawl up. I wonder how Joe Rocket Sonic or Meteor's would be at work. I have Komine, but they are a little weird when walking much.

Dean, I do not know what size you are, but I have a pair of 13 dainese boots that I am selling (selling all my gear since I will soon be an ex-motorcyclist). They look similar to the Teknics that you have pictured.

*Just saw in that you stated you wear a size 10...woops

Last edited:
i wish i would have seen those joe rockets. i might would have gone with them. i decided to go with the icons. i'm pretty happy with them. my only problem is the size. everything i read said they fit just the same as a tennis shoe. i wear 10's so i bought a 10. ended up sending them back and got a 9.5. i really think i could wear a 9 but i've already worn the 9.5's for a few rides. they're just on the verge. i've thought about ordering a 9 just to see. but otherwise they're everything i wanted. they give better protection than what i had and they look just like "work boots" when i'm at the uni.

Hey Dean,

If your looking for more of a comfortable sneaker riding shoe instead of a work boot, IMHO i recommend the Shift Kickers, they offer good ankle protection/support and they are super easy to walk around in. With jeans or shorts on its impossible to tell your wearing a riding "shoe". Plus theyre cost effective around 115.

Happy riding

Back