OT: Bought a Dirt Bike (my first)!!!

JohnnyT

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...I'm really soar today. My back muscles are the worst.

I fell quite a few times when my front tire would tuck...this happend because of deep sand, ruts, and a major lack of skill. I also crashed once climbing a hill when my front tire hit a big tree root. There were some really tight switch-backs with deep sand and a lot of trees around them.....I figured out that the bike would not turn without a lot of gas but I didn't have the skill/confidence to just nail it, so I was stuck somehwhere in between.

I hit a few small jumps without crashing. Popped a lot of wheelies and crashed a few times while trying to do large 2nd gear WOT donuts in deep sand.

Soar!

EDIT - road racing boots and helmets do not work well off road. I ripped one of my boots and my eyes kept getting dust/sand in them.

What p.s.i of air is in your tires? I run with 13psi and tires bit real good. You make it sound so good... hell I'm going riding this week-end

J

jsteinb95

cool pics. I bet you froze your a$$ off. Looks like you had a great time. :thumbup:

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah riding a dirtbike in the winter is totally different than riding on the street, i raced motocross for 12 years and raced and practiced during the winter when it was in the low 20's without ever getting cold, i would still break a sweat even.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Couple stupid videos from today...just passing time till spring!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO0YC8UlGvw"]KTM 125 SX Donut in the Snow - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdFGUERIhGM"]KTM 125 SX Minor Crash in the Snow - YouTube[/ame]

...when it comes to dirt bikes I'm easily amused (at this point).
________
NEXIUM SETTLEMENT INFO

Last edited: