Oxford Wrap-around heated grips

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I know I am going to get laughed at for getting heated grips down here in SoCal, but after our ride last wkd in low 40's (dry) weather, I decided to look for a solution to the "cold hands" syndrome during these winter rides... I have great gear/clothing for winter riding, except for the hands, so I was thinking of heating gloves or grips...

After looking around I stumbled upon this review and decided to give them a shot... $60 shipped on ebay.

Very easy install and removal is 4 zipties away:

4230719092_98fd8bd6db_b.jpg

4230718634_634345a5d8_b.jpg

4230716244_13b48e3baf_b.jpg

I haven't ridden with them yet, but they do heat up quick...

Last edited:
Went on 30min quick ride this morning and they work great! After 5 minutes my hands were toasty :)

I like the thicker grips too...

This will make a big difference for below 50F riding :thumbup:

Those are a great alternative! Very cool! or should I say "Very Warm!"
Just saw the vid you posted from last weekend. Didn't even know you had posted it. As soon as I saw it I was sorry I missed you guys!
Happy New Year Friend!

Thanks for the write up, I think I might a get a pair. I was wondering though, is there a way to adjust the temp or is just on and you get what you get?

Nope, they're not adjustable, it's either on or off....I can now confirm they get quite hot after 10-15min of riding... almost too hot for cold hands! :)

Get the hand guards too!

FWIW, I went with THESE that mount/stick under your OEM grips after reading Tom from Boston's thread. They have a high and low setting.

Hey they look pretty cool, and simple to fit. I've got a set of Oxford heated grips.

I braved the cold weather on Saturday as I've not ridden for 2 months! I've got decent gear but my god I was cold! It was about 0 degrees C (when you factor in the windchill it must have been damn cold!). Even with decent winter gloves and heated grips my fingers were so cold I was having trouble pulling in the clutch! Also had to turn around and come home when I met snow all over the road...

I think hand guards or muffs are the way to go, but they look so crap!

Get the hand guards too!

FWIW, I went with THESE that mount/stick under your OEM grips after reading Tom from Boston's thread. They have a high and low setting.

Have them on both my FZs. The switch is not that great so I spent another $11 on a waterproof illuminated high power switch. Illuminated Seat Heater Hi/Lo/Off Round Switch

They work well if mounted right. Turn them away from the direct windblast.

Back