Pay it Forward-Rear BT-021

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put new BT-016's on my bike and have a used and in excellent condition BT-021 for a SoCal FZ6 forum member who needs one.

I remember someone last year locally that had a thread bare tire and needed one and one of our members helped out. It's a dual compound and probably has at least 3k left on it depending on how you roll.
Show me your crappy tire and it's yours....:thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I was pretty sure that reusing motorcycle tyres was a no no when it comes to getting a perfect *and safe* seal on the tyre against the wheel?

My local tyre company accidently changed my rear tyre at a service instead of a front one. They did not take off the new rear tyre and refit my old tyre but instead footed the 200 euro bill themselves. I doubt very much if they would do this if it wasn't a safety issue with refitting my old tyre which in itself wasn't that old.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Post to the UK:D

Would if I could!

I was pretty sure that reusing motorcycle tyres was a no no when it comes to getting a perfect *and safe* seal on the tyre against the wheel?

My local tyre company accidently changed my rear tyre at a service instead of a front one. They did not take off the new rear tyre and refit my old tyre but instead footed the 200 euro bill themselves. I doubt very much if they would do this if it wasn't a safety issue with refitting my old tyre which in itself wasn't that old.

I don't know about refitting a used tire but I'm sure it's done all the time.
If someone is running on a piece of crap :eek: that's already unsafe, I think this might be a much better alternative....:D

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site

People refit used motorcycle tires all the time in the United States (probably elsewhere as well). Go to any race track and you'll find stacks of used motorcycle tires for sale. They might have a few races or track days on them, but they're perfectly fine for street use.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Pay it Forward-Rear BT-021 Tire

Bumpity Bump!

Someones in S.D. area must need one!? This is a very worthy tire!

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put new BT-016's on my bike and have a used and in excellent condition BT-021 for a SoCal FZ6 forum member who needs one.
:thumbup:

Uh...I've seen how Cliff rides around the twisties, often leading the pack. I find it hard to believe that they are in excellent condition. :Flip:

I

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Uh...I've seen how Cliff rides around the twisties, often leading the pack. I find it hard to believe that they are in excellent condition. :Flip:

Thanks Kenny. There are other guys leading the pack like John, David, Powell. Speaking of Powell...where's he been? Prolly working his a$$ off.
Seriously, This tire is good! The front was trashed. It was pointed Hahaha! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know you're out there......Hahaha!

Okay! the tire is gone!!!! May it bring joy to it's new owner as it did me!

Last edited: