Photo's of our little ride today.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, just wanted to post these, was a great day for a ride, fantastic weather, great company, and a great kid with the best one-liners...lol

On the way home from Wolfman's house, heading up South Rd, passed a black naked FZ6 going south, then about a Km further up the road, there was a faired FZ6 the same as mine going south as well. Gave 'em both a nod, but there was a lot of traffic there, dunno if they saw me.. about 4:15pm.

:)

Hmm, photo's are a bit "hazey", must have had a fingerprint or something on the lens.. I never think to clean that before I shoot :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Stumbles, thanks for taking & posting the pics from today's ride.

Was a great ride today, covered about 160km's as a group. Weather was perfect, except it did get a bit windy down by the Coast...Did'nt have to deal with too much traffic.

Ok, we rode from Blackwood via Main Road, through Hawthorndene, to Upper Sturt Road, Till it met the Freeway, turned off just before the Freeway, and went through Stirling & Aldgate, Mylor, down Strathalbyn Road, till the Meadows turn off, and straight to Meadows for lunch.

Had a long lunch, and laugh at lunch, as my mate Matt, and my Nine year old son, Aidin, traded verbal blows...Whilst Stumbles & Me, just laughed, and puffed on a ciggy, or two.

After Lunch, it was off to Strathablyn on Strathablyn Road, then from there, we headed towards Goolwa for about 3okm's, before we took the second turn off to Mt Compass. Just before we reached Mt Compass, i spotted the Windmill, and thought that would be a nice spot for a couple of snaps of the bikes, and a quick breather to take in the awesome weather.

Met the old guy who owned the farm we stopped in front of...he was on us in a snap on his quad, ended up chatting the whole time we were stopped, and saw us off like old mates!, he even bludged a smoke off me!

After that, the ride was pretty much through Mt Compass, then back on the Victor Harbour Road, on to South Road, through Morphettvale, then cutting through to Flagstaff Hill, just near the Vic, before finally rejoing Main Road, for one last taste of some nice corners!

Got back to my joint, sat and watched Sunday Nights Moto GP race, while my mate Matt & my son, Aidins verbal war, escalated into open phsyical combat....Lol!

Most relaxing day, was good to catch up Dave, and Mick's right, you need a fender eliminator...and some Oggy Knobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Sport:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I was there, looks warm.

Who is that giant dude? :D

Lol! That is my TRX 850 riding buddy, Matt! 6ft 4 in high, about 3 ft wide, and 140 kilo's, and it aint all fat....big big man, makes the TRX look like a monkey bike!:eek:

Have been trying to convince him to get a bike his "size"....he is close to buying an MT-01....which would fit perfectly...big brute of a bike!

:thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a wonderful day, wish could have been there, at least with your boy on the back and no z1000 it wouldnt have just been a big race. It's nice to be able to take the sights in.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, great day indeed. Until I get a few more rides under my belt (not to mention a new front tyre and some oggy's), I really enjoy the sedate ride.
Matt was scrubbing in his new tyres too, so he was pretty relaxed.

Thanks for the details of the ride Jamie, I sat here, and do you think I could remember the names of the places we went through...lol (And the fact the missus was on me to get some stuff done, so it was basically a upload and post episode).

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And the weather to go with it, bring back transportation, - for me !!!

Weather was awesome...not a cloud in the sky, gentle breeze if any at all for most of the ride, and about 25c in the shade.

Spring in South Australia is beautiful...although we could still do with a lot of rain(bloody drought!)...just not when i am riding!

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Stumbles, thanks for taking & posting the pics from today's ride.

Was a great ride today, covered about 160km's as a group. Weather was perfect, except it did get a bit windy down by the Coast...Did'nt have to deal with too much traffic.

Ok, we rode from Blackwood via Main Road, through Hawthorndene, to Upper Sturt Road, Till it met the Freeway, turned off just before the Freeway, and went through Stirling & Aldgate, Mylor, down Strathalbyn Road, till the Meadows turn off, and straight to Meadows for lunch.

Had a long lunch, and laugh at lunch, as my mate Matt, and my Nine year old son, Aidin, traded verbal blows...Whilst Stumbles & Me, just laughed, and puffed on a ciggy, or two.

After Lunch, it was off to Strathablyn on Strathablyn Road, then from there, we headed towards Goolwa for about 3okm's, before we took the second turn off to Mt Compass. Just before we reached Mt Compass, i spotted the Windmill, and thought that would be a nice spot for a couple of snaps of the bikes, and a quick breather to take in the awesome weather.

Met the old guy who owned the farm we stopped in front of...he was on us in a snap on his quad, ended up chatting the whole time we were stopped, and saw us off like old mates!, he even bludged a smoke off me!

After that, the ride was pretty much through Mt Compass, then back on the Victor Harbour Road, on to South Road, through Morphettvale, then cutting through to Flagstaff Hill, just near the Vic, before finally rejoing Main Road, for one last taste of some nice corners!

Got back to my joint, sat and watched Sunday Nights Moto GP race, while my mate Matt & my son, Aidins verbal war, escalated into open phsyical combat....Lol!

Most relaxing day, was good to catch up Dave, and Mick's right, you need a fender eliminator...and some Oggy Knobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Sport:
I am completely jealous, weather here has been so crappy I haven't even sat on my bike in a week. And its not looking good til Sunday *sigh*

At least I get to live vicariously through your pictures and descriptions :cheer:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I wish I could've gone for a ride with you guys, but I head into work about 1315 so I would've been a bit rushed:(. I did manage to do the whole esplanade from seaford to semaphore though:D. It appears that it is getting warm enough for bikinis again....lol.:steve:Sorry no pics:rof:
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a fun day fella's , wish i could have been there but its just so damn far to ride.............

Man, a ride from Brisbane to Adelaide would take a while....that's for sure! I took a Bus to Brisbane from Adelaide once...took us 36 hours to get there....no overnight stay....just 45 zombies alighting rom the bus in Brisbane!

Still would be a great ride....maybe one day i wil do it, i have lots of friends in Sunny Queensland

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We need to invent some teleporters we can install on the FZ6's. That would be awesome.:D