phranK2k11 Custom Exhaust Plans

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Dimensioned plans of the famous "Custom exhaust $200" glasspack exhaust system designed by phranK2k11. For those members inspired to make their own exhaust for less than any aftermarket setup.

From the thread http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/43372-glasspacks-anyone.html

phranK2k11 Custom Exhaust Plans – drawn by forum member CADMAN with approval of forum member phranK2k11.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't answer for the exhaust outlets but im 80% sure the stock exhaust is metric pipe 45mm, I think I had bought some 1 7/8" SS exhaust pipe which fit the metric pipe pretty dang close. But I've slept since then and not exactly sure?

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone wind up actually doing this yet? Is it a lot louder then stock? I was thinking of doing this with just a single glasspack out the back instead of a dual. My hope is that it can be as loud a slip on with no baffle.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone wind up actually doing this yet? Is it a lot louder then stock? I was thinking of doing this with just a single glasspack out the back instead of a dual. My hope is that it can be as loud a slip on with no baffle.

Check out the link in the OP (phrank2k11's original thread). As Chevy said, several were purchased from phrank2K11 and very satisfied. I'm working on a variation plan using 3.5 cans and reuse of the stock exhaust cover.

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 24inch glasspack laying around do you think it's possible to get the angle right to be able to fit that in the place of the stock muffler? I'm sure I'd have to cut the pipe leading up to it a little short and would probably have to bend the pipe leading up to it a little.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 24inch glasspack laying around do you think it's possible to get the angle right to be able to fit that in the place of the stock muffler? I'm sure I'd have to cut the pipe leading up to it a little short and would probably have to bend the pipe leading up to it a little.

I think use of a 24in can would extend well past the bike's tail piece. The original cans were 17in including inlets & outlets. Give it a try, that's initiative.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site

It's incredibly loud. I feel guilty reving the engine in my neighborhood. Seriously...lol.

I just posted a video in the video section of mine. It really doesn't do it justice. Soooo much louder in person!

Here's the thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-videos/47731-phranks-byf-custom-exhaust.html