Custom exhaust $200 shipped

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Between the weather and my wifes work schedule I haven't got started fabricating your kit yet Joe. :spank: I'll have it shipped by next wed though for sure.

I'll be sure to take lots of pics with a tape measure in frame for size reference as requested by CADMAN

No problem bro. Thanks for the update!

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
As promised your exhaust was picked up by the fed-ex guy this afternoon.
Fed-Ex tracking no: 915479615004834

But since the weather cut my available build time (the shop I use is 37mi from home and I have to have the bike there to build off of = no work in the rain) in half I skipped the pics that CADMAN wanted :spank: Sorry man!

Let me know when you get it mounted Joe!

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
As promised your exhaust was picked up by the fed-ex guy this afternoon.
Fed-Ex tracking no: 915479615004834

But since the weather cut my available build time (the shop I use is 37mi from home and I have to have the bike there to build off of = no work in the rain) in half I skipped the pics that CADMAN wanted :spank: Sorry man!

Let me know when you get it mounted Joe!

Awesome! I love that I'll have it by this weekend. I'll make sure to take pics and video once it's installed.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! I love that I'll have it by this weekend. I'll make sure to take pics and video once it's installed.

Hey Joe, could you get some pics with dimensions before your install. Since phrank2k11 couldn't get pics during the build, I'm trying to get some info for a modified setup and maybe pass along to others for their own DIY attempt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Joe, could you get some pics with dimensions before your install. Since phrank2k11 couldn't get pics during the build, I'm trying to get some info for a modified setup and maybe pass along to others for their own DIY attempt. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. I'll post them up here when I do the install.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it in today! Here are some pics of it out of the box and measurements for Cadman. Phrank: the packing was perfect. Once I get those pics from you, I'll let you know how the install goes.

GlasspackExhaustTop.jpg

GlasspackExhaustSide.jpg

GlasspackExhaustBack.jpg

Measurements
Slide1.jpg

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it got to you without poking holes in the box. I just sent you email with pretty detailed step by step instructions that should get you from stock to BYF glasspacks in about 30-40min.

Please post your opinion of the new sound when you get it bolted up. And let me know if there are any problems, like Dave's issue with the mount and Ed's busted box that led to chipped paint.

Next (last) kit will start AFTER Joe's review. So stay tuned for it and watch for the "who's next" post to follow.

edfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it got to you without poking holes in the box. I just sent you email with pretty detailed step by step instructions that should get you from stock to BYF glasspacks in about 30-40min.

Please post your opinion of the new sound when you get it bolted up. And let me know if there are any problems, like Dave's issue with the mount and Ed's busted box that led to chipped paint.

Next (last) kit will start AFTER Joe's review. So stay tuned for it and watch for the "who's next" post to follow.

I wonder how it would look wrapped....:rolleyes:

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it in today! Here are some pics of it out of the box and measurements for Cadman.
Measurements
Slide1.jpg

You guys are great. Exactly what I needed on the dimensions. I'll draft this up and post. I'm trying the drilled baffle on a second exhaust in the meantime. Thanks again

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished with the install. Holy crap, this is so much louder than stock. I thought you were joking when you said 'sorry neighbors'. Once I fired her up, my first thought was 'sorry neighbors', since most nights I come back from work around midnight or so...LOL.

The instructions and pics were great, and made the removal of stock parts and the install very easy. It took me a couple hours total, because I ran into a couple problems. The bracket that holds onto the back of the fender eliminator I have had to be removed to get your exhaust in there. So I scratched up the bottom of the cans a bit, before I realized I had to remove it. When I went to put it back on, it didn't fit. It is supposed to screw in, while the sides are around this 'nub'. I ended out having to grind down the section a little bit to fit around that piece. Pics a are attached.

Then I had some difficulty drilling the hole in the billet aluminum fender eliminator, mostly because my drill and bits suck...lol. I ended out using a dremel tool with a drill bit and made the hole in seconds.

Once everything was put together, I looks great and sounds amazing. Of course it was pouring rain during the entire install so I'll have to let you know how it sounds when riding tomorrow.

The fender bracket:
FenderBracket.jpg

The area I had to grind down to fit securely in place:
BracketNub.jpg

phranK2k11

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure why you had to modify that bracket, it's a stock part. I have an 06' and mounted your kit to my bike without any issue. I wonder if the PO of your FZ monkeyd around with it somehow?

Have you had a chance to ride yet? Hows the sound?

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure why you had to modify that bracket, it's a stock part. I have an 06' and mounted your kit to my bike without any issue. I wonder if the PO of your FZ monkeyd around with it somehow?

Have you had a chance to ride yet? Hows the sound?

When I got it, it was completely stock with only 1500 miles on it, so I doubt the guy did anything to it. Hell, he barely rode it! lol

Rode it around yesterday a little and to work today. Love it! It is loud, but not crazy loud. Though I have noticed plenty more head turning.

I know you said it doesn't offer any increases performance, though I must say, I have been going much faster since I put it on. Gotta twist the throttle to get that awesome sound! lol

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Now seems like a random enough time to catch everyone by surprise.....

For the final build!

Ok, who's next?

This is so incredibly tempting! However, since the spirit of this build is for those who cannot afford an aftermarket exhaust, I should bow out. Technically, I have the means but cannot justify spending the $800ish dollars on it.

If you change your mind and turn this into a long-time endeavor, I may have to jump in down the road. :rockon: Keep up the awesome job man! I love it! :thumbup: :cheer:

microage97

Reaction score
Visit site
They are awesome! I have about 2000 miles on mine and they do seem to get a little louder with age and use. One thing I do notice is that you can tell when the motor derates itself when you run 91 octane with ethanol and when you run non ovy 91 octane...

Dave