Please help!?!?!? Turn signals!!!

cvxsuck1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the two borthers racing exhaust and fender kit on 07 fz6. The left blinker went out and i cant seem to be able to get the bulb out. It looks like you push the pin in and turn, but that doesnt seem to be working. Any help with how to change this would be GREATLY apprecaited. Thank you.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I have the two borthers racing exhaust and fender kit on 07 fz6. The left blinker went out and i cant seem to be able to get the bulb out. It looks like you push the pin in and turn, but that doesnt seem to be working. Any help with how to change this would be GREATLY apprecaited. Thank you.

Might seem like a trivial question, - but are you turning the bulb anti-clockwise?

cvxsuck1

Reaction score
Visit site
yes. i see the pin on the right side and it looks like i have to turn the bulb "up" to follow the track. so that is what i am trying. maybe i am being to gentle with it.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
yes. i see the pin on the right side and it looks like i have to turn the bulb "up" to follow the track. so that is what i am trying. maybe i am being to gentle with it.

if you're replacing a blown bulb...use all your force...dont hold back! Just dont smash it while doing it! :D

Push it in...and twist!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Either too gentle or it is rusted it.

Be brutal and if it breaks use long nose pliers to get the metal cup out.

Steve

cvxsuck1

Reaction score
Visit site
I GUESS I AM RETARDED. BUT ITS STILL NOT WORKING. I TRY AND TURN THE PIN AND IT JUST PUSHES IN. ILL POST PIC IN A SEC. this is the aftermarket fender eliminator kit from two brothers. also if just one blinker is out that normally rules out an electrical problem right? it was working then all of a sudden out. also the bulb looks in tact. i dont know. any advice would be AWESOME! ill get a pic up in a min.

Last edited:

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well when i had my two bros installed, mechanic did have to change the bulb maybe 1 hrs into the ride. I went back and he used a skiny pair of pliers and just pulled the bulb out with little gentle force back and forth. Try the same. Don't worry you will not damage anything... Hope it helps..

cvxsuck1

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i finally got them out!! Any cool trick to putting them back in? I keep scratching the bulb. Also if you have one bulb out can you rule out electical problem? It was working fine and then the back left stopped. The bulb looks fine though. Thanks for the help so far. Very much.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Assuming it's a bayonet bulb base and it's not rusted into the socket, , Push the bulb downward into the socket, then, keeping the bulb pushed downward, turn it counter clock wise....

cvxsuck1

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i got one in. the right side is working. the bulb on the left side looks fine. the filament looks intact but the bulb is out. could it have gone bad somewhere else in the bulb? or could it be an electical problem?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Half this stuff's made in China so the filament might be made of 'Melamine" LOL

Got your PM

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i finally got them out!! Any cool trick to putting them back in? I keep scratching the bulb. Also if you have one bulb out can you rule out electical problem? It was working fine and then the back left stopped. The bulb looks fine though. Thanks for the help so far. Very much.

The easiest way to change the bulb is to pull the bulb and aluminum housing out of the plastic. The wires will also come through. Once you have the light bulb along with its housing and wires pulled out away from the plastic, you will have room to work and see where to twisted and get the bulb out.

If you do what I've detailed above, putting the bulbs back in is a piece of cake. Simply pull the wire till the bulb is seated properly in the plastic.