Pls. HELP: Crazy Horn

jecht_sphere

Reaction score
Visit site
my horn wont honk when im idle (stop) or stuckup in a traffic. traffic is terrible here in my country. But as soon as im already cruising, the horn is OK. then everytime i stop (due to traffic again) for say 2 minutes, it goes crazy again (no sound coming out).

Oh hell.... it has only 3,800kms in its odo.

Jst wanna know the problem b4 i bring it back to the dealer.

my horn wont honk when im idle (stop) or stuckup in a traffic. traffic is terrible here in my country. But as soon as im already cruising, the horn is OK. then everytime i stop (due to traffic again) for say 2 minutes, it goes crazy again (no sound coming out).

Oh hell.... it has only 3,800kms in its odo.

Jst wanna know the problem b4 i bring it back to the dealer.

Sounds like a bad battery, - the charge is to low when you idle to run the horn ....,- but once you get some revs on it, the bike produces enough power to run it.

ive checked the connection this morning after i washed the bike. ive found out that the horn/signal light/low-high beam and hazard switches box in the left handle bar was lose bcoz the screw was actually lose. i didnt expect it coz ive jst bought it brand new in 2008.

anyway, i tightend the screw and it seems ok now. but i havent riden it yet. i will try it tmorow and i will post here again if the problem persists.

thanks guys for your quick replies and suggestions.

Ride safe!

I tested the bike today and the problem persists. As usual it happens when I have riden the bike for about 20 mins and get idled due to traffic. I tried to rev the bike at 3t and up rpm (as one of the guys here suggested) but it still would not make a sound.

And there's ONE more problem that i discovered. During those time that i rev the bike at 3t and up while idling, the engine quit when i released the throttle ( I was at the neutral gear). I did it 5 times and it pretty sure quit on me 5x also.

Out of curiosity, while cruising, I also tried to rev and release the throttle while holding the clutch and u know what happend..... the engine quit. tried it 3x.

OMG, what the hell is wrong with my bike?

I need your expertise here guys, PLS.

Is your bike an 04 or 05? If so then have the TPS(throttle position sensor) checked/replaced. Not sure if that would cause charging problems though.

Is your bike an 04 or 05? If so then have the TPS(throttle position sensor) checked/replaced. Not sure if that would cause charging problems though.

It's an 08 model. Bought it brand new last May 2008. Here is the pix:

fz6j.jpg

Sounds like a charging issue then. If it's still under warranty I would take it into the dealership.

So many parts can be bad: Battery, Stator, Rectifier, Coils, etc.

I also noticed that when i rev hard and release the throttle when the engine is COLD (neutral gear), the engine will NOT die. But when i do the same when the engine is already HOT (say after riding for 20 mins), the engine will surely STOP.

So now, im pretty sure, ive got two problems in my hand. the crazy horn and the troubled engine. hmmm...

anymore, diagnosis here? ... PLS.

(OT: there are superfast blue, eye catching red and CRAPPY silver (my bike obviously)!)

Last edited:
OK here is the update.

About 3 weeks ago i changed the following:

- change oil and coolant
- spark plugs
- battery

But still the problem persists....after 2 days, ive read in the manual which i downloaded from the net that the idle should be between 1250 to 1350 rpm.

So i checked my idling and it marked 800rpm (as ever and which i thought was usual since i bought it). I accordingly increased the idle to 1250rpm and you know what happened guys.........

PROBLEM SOlVED.:rockon::thumbup:...the horn is ok, the engine doesnt quit anymore. Everything is cool now.

So..seems like an "idling" issue afterall

Back