POLL: How much have you paid in SPEEDING tickets over the past 12 months?

SPEEDING tickets over the past 12 months? Only Speeding tickets please. INCLUDE pending tickets.

• Total voters

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't dilly dadle in oncoming. And I doubt you could in "2 seconds"

The trick is when you decide to pass a vehicle, to time it so that you can start accelerating about 100' behind them so that by the time you change lanes to make your pass you are already going about 15-20 mph faster than they are, that should easily get you past them and changing lanes back in 2 seconds, SUV's aren't that long. Of course I would never pass someone in an area I know speed traps are likely. Maybe you just got unlucky and the cop was coming in the oncoming lane as you finished your pass? I doubt he would have pulled you over for 65 in a 55 if you had made a pass at reasonable speeds? If you have to go 30 over the limit to make a pass either it was not a passing zone or the vehicle your are passing is already going over the speed limit.
:thumbup:

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
no tickets and i never ride the limit so idk wtf is wrong with the cops around here?

right outside more door is an 8 lane highway of sorts. it is urban and has lights and some intersections so it is capped at 40-45mph. which means people drive 50-60mph. which means sometimes i will hit 70mph passing. thats a good deal above the limit, do it all the time. sometimes i do it when the road is completely empty. i don't mean to, but i have the fastest color FZ6 and it just goes!

still no tickets. and i do not keep riding at those speeds. its just temporary or when needed. the other day i was splitting moving traffic at a good clip and passed a parked cop car, just waiting to nab someone. checked my mirror, all clear

a LEO once told me he gives motorcycles more consideration if not riding reckless. he said if he see's bikes take off quickly from a light, above the speed limit to outpace traffic, he is ok with it so long as they slow down once out front. i thought that was interesting

Last edited:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No tickets ever on two wheels, but a couple on four wheels.

a LEO once told me he gives motorcycles more consideration if not riding reckless. he said if he see's bikes take off quickly from a light, above the speed limit to outpace traffic, he is ok with it so long as they slow down once out front. i thought that was interesting
I've heard this before and feel that in most places the officers agree with this. Just don't be a jackass and speed isn't as much of an issue, so you may be safely ahead of other four wheeled motorists

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
got a ticket for following a car going 90 in a 70 four cars in front of me doing that speed, i guess being in the back was not smart. 1 ticket in 4 years of driving don't street race or show off but commuting home i ate a 327$ ticket FML :(

still don't get how a first ticket is 300+ California is the smash and grab state they smash you with bull crap laws and grab your wallet... hahaha

good to see most of the forum has not payed any tickets :Flip:

I really dislike tailgaters, people who put you at great risk should there be a emergency stop situation.

But, Gelvatron, this subject inspires me to rant.

Sometimes I think there's less corruption in, say, Russia, Mexico, etc., than in USA...er, at least California. "Whaaah?" you say?

Well, yeah, in some other countries, police will demand/accept bribes to make things go away. This might be because police are poorly paid and this augments their income. Alright, yeah, this is commonly referred as "corruption."

Now, take California. Fines are incredibly expensive and police are very well paid with extremely handsome retirement benefits. Now, consider if you get ticketed (not likely, but it is a violation) for going only 5 MPH over the limit in CA, which, probably over 50% of motorists routinely do. The actual "fine" probably runs about $30. But, then, local gov't jurisdictions tack on all kinds of fees which run the total cost up to almost $300!

...end of rant.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I voted on this poll a while back, I just last week got pulled over for doing 80+ in a 60mph zone and somehow didn't get a ticket. Must be clean living. (Yeah, right) It should have cost me $175 according to the officer.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
When I got my paramedic job, I had to fill out my own statement saying I will never drive, park, reverse, or sit in a company truck, I can't even drive the mule. Hard lesson to learn, but I'm in the back anyways, its hard on my parter coming back from large transfers.