POLL: How much have you paid in SPEEDING tickets over the past 12 months?

SPEEDING tickets over the past 12 months? Only Speeding tickets please. INCLUDE pending tickets.

• Total voters

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a similar story on my bike. A group of us were traveling down highway 9 in Colorado collectively going over 100. We passed a state trooper going the opposite direction, he turned his lights and sirens on, scared us and one guy started to pull over but then the trooper kept going.

We slowed down after that.

none in the last year although i almost went to jail, in texas, anything in the triple digits is reason for arrest. i was in my car at 12 A.M. on a lone road on south padre island, and i wanted to see what my car could do so i did. so I was cruising along at 135MPH when i see the lights of a car crest a small hill about a mile ahead but i keep going. when the car was about 100 meters away i see the police officer turn on the lights on top of the car:eek: so i begin to slow but dont hit my brakes so a few seconds after he passes me his lights go off:rockon::rockon: the only thing i can figure is that he realized that by the time he slowed down turned around and started i wold be long gone so a win for me:BLAA:

D

Dave.TX

Haven't been ticketed. Got stopped once when 3 of us went by a Cedar Park cop at about 15 over, he only ticketed the lead rider. All 3 of us stopped right away but he told two of us to move on as he "processed" the Honda CBR600RR rider (the other bike was also a CBR600RR). Ignacio, who got the ticket, wasn't too happy. We were doing 70 in a 55 zone, had just come from a 4 way intersection.

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I got popped for $225. I was riding about 40 in a 35. I was coming the end of the 35 zone where it turns into 45. So, i accelerated to about 47 or so. About a mile down the road I get pulled over by a state trooper. He said that he clocked me doing 47 in a 35. I know that I started accelerating in the 35 but, come on. It was only like 20 feet. Still the trooper wouldn't cut me any slack.

William

Reaction score
Visit site
Zero, thankfully.

I did get stopped once going 40 in a 30 on an Everglades back road on my KL250; the infamous Loop Road, if you know the place. Just a written warning from the Ranger and I was on my way.

Jmnielsen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my first ticket in a long time.

Was leaving my brothers place and it was about 11pm. I've had the bike for a week and decided I wanted to really open it up, but just 1st and 2nd gear. So I hammer it. 300 yards down i see a Leo parked. I immediately know I'm screwed so I stop, turn off the bike, and sit there (thinking hey, I screwed up but maybe he will let me off easy since I stopped before he even turned his lights on). Not the case. He was a total prick and I got a ticket for 35 over. 65 in a 30. Mind you, it was less than 400 yards til the limit changed to 55. So now I have a $248 ticket and I'm not sure I can take STOP class... Damn

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Got owned last summer by a Statie in Maine.

Had my Ninja 250 pinned at full throttle for about a mile down 95 South, it was indicating over 100 mph...

Next thing I know flashing lights in my mirror.
His radar showed 96 MPH, which sounds about right with speedo error. Anyway, he gave me a "break" and only put down 94 MPH. So my ticket was only $540. 260 for speeding, and two $140 citations for weaving and following too closely.
Got it reduced in court to $400. And luckily because it was out of state and my first ticket, no points on my license.

That is my story. I learned my lesson and keep it more tame even with this bigger bike. Still gun it once in a while but with caution.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Still have paid $0 in speeding tickets on my FZ6.

Believe it or not I have NEVER been pulled over while riding my FZ6 in 6 years and 18,000 miles! :rockon: :knocksonwood:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still have paid $0 in speeding tickets on my FZ6.

Believe it or not I have NEVER been pulled over while riding my FZ6 in 6 years and 18,000 miles! :rockon: :knocksonwood:

+1 Four years, ~8,000 miles. Zero tickets. :knocksonwood:

That's not a whole lot of riding, though. Someday I'm gonna be keeping someone from following too close by riding faster than they wanna go when I ride through a speed trap. It's inevitable. They got me in my cage just recently, and completely ignored the recklessly-driven box truck in the lane next to me, all over the road. Said he didn't notice. Was the reason I was speeding. I don't think speed traps do a lot to improve public safety, 193 mph squids aside.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Luckily, I haven't ever gotten a ticket on any of my bikes. Oh, I was pulled over once for doing nearly 60 in a 35 through the research park area near where I live. It's all a big circular area that's fun to kick it in sometimes on the way to work. Came up on my favorite part, looked around to see if there were LEOs, and kicked it in. What I didn't see was the partially hidden cop car just slightly over the small rise in the median. Zipped right by him. He pulled me over, looked at my bike, told me he wanted to check it out, and that he owned a Honda Hawk. We talked bikes for about 10 minutes, right across the street from my work. As he was heading back to his car, he suggested that I might want to slow it down a bit.

:D

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 Four years, ~8,000 miles. Zero tickets. :knocksonwood:

That's not a whole lot of riding, though. Someday I'm gonna be keeping someone from following too close by riding faster than they wanna go when I ride through a speed trap. It's inevitable. They got me in my cage just recently, and completely ignored the recklessly-driven box truck in the lane next to me, all over the road. Said he didn't notice. Was the reason I was speeding. I don't think speed traps do a lot to improve public safety, 193 mph squids aside.

I agree with you on that 100%. Speed traps do nothing for public safety they are simply a cash cow for the state & local police. People will slow down, go past a speed trap and then they are right back up to 20+ mph over the limit (example I-95 on the east coast).

Secondly most cops will pull you over because of what you are driving (profiling). I once got pulled over on the interstate for no front plate as I passed a speed trap while being passed by a cadillac that was traveling at 25mph over the speed limit...I was going 5 over but my dumbass was driving a sporty car, therefor bend over....

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you on that 100%. Speed traps do nothing for public safety they are simply a cash cow for the state & local police. People will slow down, go past a speed trap and then they are right back up to 20+ mph over the limit (example I-95 on the east coast).

Secondly most cops will pull you over because of what you are driving (profiling). I once got pulled over on the interstate for no front plate as I passed a speed trap while being passed by a cadillac that was traveling at 25mph over the speed limit...I was going 5 over but my dumbass was driving a sporty car, therefor bend over....

I got pulled over going 35 in a 25 (retired folks home) dip about 500 ft long before and after is 35mph. The bike cop came from five cars behind me and was telling everyone he passed to slow down on the bull horn and then pulled me over hahahahah. Everyone was going as fast or faster behind me but i had the sports car so i got busted........

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha try driving a 80's model g-body (monte carlo, regal, etc etc) or hell any box chevy through Atlanta. You will then know what profiling is!!!

hattu345

Reaction score
Visit site
3 automatic radars flashed me but that doesn't mean a ticket.

Then a cop stopped me at a routine check, complaining about no seat belt..

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
got a ticket for following a car going 90 in a 70 four cars in front of me doing that speed, i guess being in the back was not smart. 1 ticket in 4 years of driving don't street race or show off but commuting home i ate a 327$ ticket FML :(

still don't get how a first ticket is 300+ California is the smash and grab state they smash you with bull crap laws and grab your wallet... hahaha

good to see most of the forum has not payed any tickets :Flip:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
With the cage or bike? That was a bad year for me last year. Didn't do anything stupid or different than the last 10 years.

Stop sign because I didn't completely stop. Honestly if someone would have walk and blow by me.

Red light with the cage. Strong yellow turning right coming off the Freewway. ???

Doing 80 MPH (down to 74 on the fine) in the HOV line. I was doing 70ish until that gringo park his SUV in my top case. I squeeze the throttle just a bit to pass the car on my right and get out of the way. Bang... I was like Officer, that 5 cars behind me were going the same speed, I was getting out of there way. I got pulled over by a cop on a H-D. One of those piss off at noisy sport bike... Ya I got the "Pipe don't save life" speech on the side of I-95.

Since the 3rd one I've been driving the cage and bike like an old granny! Out of the left lane for sure! LOL I'm very surprise my insurance didn't found out... I bought a new car end of December... insurance down. My renewal on my bike was even cheaper. Lucky

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Last one, passing a SUV who was running 45 in a 55. Mashed the gas, got around them at about 85 and right before I went to slow up to get my speed right.... BAM 82/55

This on top of my current track recored resulted in a 200$ fine and 30 jail sentence or 5 days community service, needless to say I put up with people driving dangerously slow...

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
got a ticket for following a car going 90 in a 70 four cars in front of me doing that speed, i guess being in the back was not smart. 1 ticket in 4 years of driving don't street race or show off but commuting home i ate a 327$ ticket FML :(

still don't get how a first ticket is 300+ California is the smash and grab state they smash you with bull crap laws and grab your wallet... hahaha

good to see most of the forum has not payed any tickets :Flip:

Geeze. It would be hard pressed to not just filter through and leave him in the dust.

I was going along one day and met a Harley cop, I even waved and as soon as I looked Down I was speeding. Look behind and see him trying to turn around. Punched it to about 120, then thought wtf am I doing? I'm going towards town. So I stopped and waited, backup showed up, put my hands on top of my helmet. And got yelled at for a minute. After both cops accusing me of "running " I just said "look man , if I really wanted to run, I wouldn't have been caught by a Harley or crown Vic." The guy looks at the bike, and then at me. Says. "You're absolutely right" gave me my ticket and left.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Last one, passing a SUV who was running 45 in a 55. Mashed the gas, got around them at about 85 and right before I went to slow up to get my speed right.... BAM 82/55

This on top of my current track recored resulted in a 200$ fine and 30 jail sentence or 5 days community service, needless to say I put up with people driving dangerously slow...

lol. Tough luck! But, did you really have to hit 85mph to pass an SUV that was only doing 45 mph? Geeze, Even my 108 hp Civic could pass a car at 45 mph in about 2 seconds. :spank:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
lol. Tough luck! But, did you really have to hit 85mph to pass an SUV that was only doing 45 mph? Geeze, Even my 108 hp Civic could pass a car at 45 mph in about 2 seconds. :spank:

I don't dilly dadle in oncoming. And I doubt you could in "2 seconds"