Post your FZ6N Pics!

Mr.Mantas

Reaction score
Visit site
Please more info about HID.

This is my first bike. Bought it 2nd hand, 2007 model with 60,000Km on the counter. It was damaged and dirty. After 2 months, with a lot of help from people from this forum and friends - this is the result.

Have spent hours and hours on it (and some $). Really happy with it now. Been doing a few hundred KMs and it is a blast.

Things I have replaced or added or repaired:
- Replaced the damaged sliders.
- Replaced the badly scratched crankshaft cover.
- Replaced the damaged fairings with the VS-2 kit.
- Painted the VS-2 kit with matt black paint.
- Added a projector to the headlight for proper HID lights.
- Added new Mirrors.
- Replaced tail lights for LED.
- LED positioning light on the headlight.
- Painted the exhaust black. Was impossible to make them shine again.
- Replaced radiator fan that got killed by a rock.
- Romatech Radiator guard.
- Painted rear set.
- Added a triboseat cover.
- Re-aligned the front wheel with handle bar.
- Replaced the oil for the brakes.
- Replaced the liquid coolant.
- Cleaned the front sprocket of all the filth.
- Added an alarm.
- Last but not least replaced the tank pad sticker :p

I think that covers it. The in-between stuff that I didn't keep and the cleaning do not count. Added a few pics of before just for the fun of it.

Just some fine tuning to do and I am done. Do not give me new ideas please, I need to catch up on my life and my bank account (Ok maybe a few if they are really good ;) ).

Again thanks to all. I never did any sort of work on a vehicle before. Learned a lot from here, and had to buy a bunch of tools and products. Not gonna name members, but I have had tremendous help here. :thumbup: Thanks!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
This please?^

I've been itching to do a naked conversion with projectors for over a year, and I think I'm finally gonna pull the trigger on it.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Got the projector from this seller on eBay:
1X NEW 2.5" CAR/MOTORCYCLE HID BI-XENON HEADLIGHT PROJECTOR LEN LENS D2S H4 H7 | eBay

As for the ballast+bulb kit, you will need one that is compatible with D2S HID bulb as that is the type of bulb the projector will take. Or buy any ballast then get a cable converter that will allow you to fit D2S bulb.

You can find a couple more pics of the projector mod here, and that thread will explain how to do the mod itself. Except it was much simpler in my case as I had plenty of space behind and inside the headlight. I also got my parts from eBay which was much cheaper than getting a ready made kit. All in all it was fairly straight forward but I had help from ppl in this forum. This mod is worth it if you ride at night.

Happy modding :Flash:

If you need any additional info, PM me or bring the discussion to the thread above.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously!!! I want to come over there and throw mud on them while hot!!!

Looks damn good, I love that chin spoiler too! Ain't that the puig?

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful! That thing is spotless. My headers haven't looked like that in awhile. Hahaha.
I had to remove exhaust to swap the swing arm for a '08 arm so while they were off I thought i'd give them a polish as they were a right mess, (an hour with a drill mounted polishing mop) then when the bike was rebuilt I gave the whole thing a much needed polish.

Seriously!!! I want to come over there and throw mud on them while hot!!!

Looks damn good, I love that chin spoiler too! Ain't that the puig?
Your right it's a Puig spoiler, personally I think it's the best looking one for a FZ6.

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbup:

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
Waiting for the sun to shine before I get any decent pics but here's one in the meantime.

FZ6.jpg

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
Washed it at work and snapped this pic yesterday.
20120811194810.jpg

Molly helping me clean the chain on Friday.
20120810133937.jpg

imtgw1a

Reaction score
Visit site
what kind of bulb do you have in the top on that headlight?, I have the same one and dont know what kind of bulb would go in there.

Last edited:

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!

Nice rides to all who posted! I recently converted to naked...but my computer wont let me upload any photos on my posts for some reason but it you would like to see the finished-never really finished ;)-product you can check out my garage photos!

Jorosv

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 finally been waiting and lurkin around the forums for almost 2 years now :D After a big accident 4 years ago that left my wife scared (she wouldn't let me ride at all) I kept talking and talking about bikes for 4 years and the D-day came bought it this morning :D :BLAA: