power wheelies... =D

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
so im not a wheelie expert yet and i can only pull power wheelies at the moments. but man, when the front comes up feels like i was weightless there for a split second. now i just gotta find a bicycle to practice the balance point first :D

I've accidentally got the front end up an inch or so....but it sure scared the CRAP out of me.

Maybe in time I might feel more comfortable with it, but I'm good with 2 wheels on the ground though.

I DID try to wheelie on a mountain bike recently....I ended up on the ground on my ass.

so im not a wheelie expert yet and i can only pull power wheelies at the moments. but man, when the front comes up feels like i was weightless there for a split second. now i just gotta find a bicycle to practice the balance point first :D

Just make sure you have the front wheel pointed straight ahead when you put it back down.... and the bike going straight as well.

doing one on a bicycle and a motorcycle are completely different on balance points and mucles used.
They sell wheelie bars you can add to your swingarm to prevent backflips.
Most guys will pop the clutch with the R's up to induce one faster.
Lots of videos on youtube.

"Dress for the crash, not for the ride" Jason Britton Superbikes host

Easy way to do the power wheelies. Troll along in first gear up to 8k rpms or so. Let off the throttle then snatch it all the way open. Up she'll come. You can mess around with the rpms a bit as you get used to it.
I'm not all about wheelies, but they can be fun.:thumbup:

did a higher one today and had to chop throttle. ouch my nutz lol

That happened to me plenty of times. If you're sitting down try sliding all the way foreward in the seat and gripping the tank with your thighs. It should help lessen the nut flattening when you come back down abruptly.

I have pulled little one inch wheelies when accelerating, and also full blown wheelies where I have had to chop the throttle while considering crawling over the gas tank, only flattened one nut with tank slap,(it was the small one anyway), I don't practice wheelies, they just seem to happen sometimes.They seem to have started to develope when I learned to rev higher while riding, my first couple of years I rode at less than 6k most of the time being new I guess. Now I am hooked on the high rev of my FZ6. I just always remind myself, wheelies last seconds, steel pins in bone.., a lifetime.

did a higher one today and had to chop throttle. ouch my nutz lol

If you're sitting down try sliding all the way forward in the seat and gripping the tank with your thighs. It should help lessen the nut flattening when you come back down abruptly.

I have pulled little one inch wheelies when accelerating, and also full blown wheelies where I have had to chop the throttle while considering crawling over the gas tank, only flattened one nut with tank slap,(it was the small one anyway)

I don't know how you guys can walk around with those things!! :don'tknow:

Best way for gripping the tank is Stomp Grips, imo. Try clutching it up and see what you find easier as well mate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_Z96lxyUo]YouTube - MCN's guide to Wheelies[/ame]

See if that helps a little :)

I don’t want to wheelie on the way home I don’t want to wheelie on the way home
It’s the bike its not me
:liar:

I have pulled little one inch wheelies when accelerating, and also full blown wheelies where I have had to chop the throttle while considering crawling over the gas tank, only flattened one nut with tank slap,(it was the small one anyway),.

The small nut??? :thumbup::thumbup:

Back