Proud New Owner of a 2004 FZ6 I need Help!

DirtyCashAK

Reaction score
Visit site
I havent had a bike since 2003 when I purchased a 2002 Yamaha R6. My Mother made me sell it after 2 of my friends got killed on their street bikes. But I recently came across this deal on Craigslist for a 2004 Yamaha FZ6 with only 8000 miles for $2200.00 I talked the guy down $1800.00 cash. I thought that was a steal so I picked it up. I would like to see were are some good sites or references on modification for this particular bike. Im looking for deals on a belly pan, and trying to get naked with it! I dont have my mom breathing down my neck anymore telling me bikes are dangerous but I do have a wife now that hates when I spend to much money when its not on her lol. So for the best price references. Thanks.

tn

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! Check out the streetfighter section for your naked mods. I've never checked it out myself, cause I love the wind protection the half fairing give me. Have fun!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
sweet deal.
sorry for your friends who died. really sad.
Your Mom was right though: motorcycle are dangerous.

VEGASRIDER lives in Boise! He's lonely. You both should meet!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sweet deal.
sorry for your friends who died. really sad.
Your Mom was right though: motorcycle are dangerous.

VEGASRIDER lives in Boise! He's lonely. You both should meet!

:welcome:to our great forum!

Yes! Hook up with Kenny (VEGASRIDER) He was one of the MSF teachers when he was in Las Vegas and just moved to Boise.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I havent had a bike since 2003 when I purchased a 2002 Yamaha R6. My Mother made me sell it after 2 of my friends got killed on their street bikes. But I recently came across this deal on Craigslist for a 2004 Yamaha FZ6 with only 8000 miles for $2200.00 I talked the guy down $1800.00 cash. I thought that was a steal so I picked it up. I would like to see were are some good sites or references on modification for this particular bike. Im looking for deals on a belly pan, and trying to get naked with it! I dont have my mom breathing down my neck anymore telling me bikes are dangerous but I do have a wife now that hates when I spend to much money when its not on her lol. So for the best price references. Thanks.

tn

LOL...was that the silver bike on craigs list the other day? If it was, I almost bought it myself. I was looking for a 2nd bike since my FZ is currently at Snake River Yamaha going through a major repair. I ended up buying a Yamaha XT 225 Enduro that had 13,000 miles.

Reason why I choose the Enduro is because that will be my primary bike during the winter when it's raining or snowing. I do not have a car, I will ride year round.

Are you on Boiserider.net?

Go ahead and PM me, we can hook up, you can see some of my mods. There are a lot of great mod threads on this forum, just type in some key words in the search tab or hit the mod forum. Lots of pictures so you can get an idea.

DirtyCashAK

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...was that the silver bike on craigs list the other day? If it was, I almost bought it myself. I was looking for a 2nd bike since my FZ is currently at Snake River Yamaha going through a major repair. I ended up buying a Yamaha XT 225 Enduro that had 13,000 miles.

Reason why I choose the Enduro is because that will be my primary bike during the winter when it's raining or snowing. I do not have a car, I will ride year round.

Are you on Boiserider.net?

Go ahead and PM me, we can hook up, you can see some of my mods. There are a lot of great mod threads on this forum, just type in some key words in the search tab or hit the mod forum. Lots of pictures so you can get an idea.

Yeah I think it was the same bike your talking about. The guy had like 15 calls on it within 2 hours so I had to scoop it up as soon as possible. Im not on BoiseRider.net I dont even know what that is but I would like to see some of your modifications. Im really trying to make this bike look sweet, Not that it doesnt already but you get what im saying. Im just really happy I get to ride this year. Thats crazy you ride year a round (soldier!) I couldnt do it thats for sure.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know when my bike returns from the shop. In the meantime, you might want to consider taking a motorcycle safety refresher course. The state of Idaho does not recognize the MSF Curriculum therefore they have their own program called the Idaho Star.

If you are serious in riding, take the course, it just may save your life!

I'm actually considering taking the expereince class myself just to see how much their course differs from the MSF.

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the forum :welcome:
all the guys are really helpful :thumbup: :thumbup:

plenty of mods to be done although if you plan on doing any distances you will thank the fairing as it gives some decent wind protection when compared to a naked bike :D

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have a 2003 Yamaha XT 225 that I foolishly sold to help pay for my 2008 FZ6. It was cheap to insure and got 65-70 mpg no matter how I rode it. I still miss that XT and would buy another one if the opportunity presented itself.