Public Enemies

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Not impressed. I don't know what to say, it was not good. Good director, great cast, it just didn't work. No character development, Depp wasn't convincing, Bale was pretty horrible, it was just a big disappointment. You know what's going to happen, but they don't make it interesting. It just wasn't focussed, you had the "BI" as a gray character that could have been interesting but wasn't. You had the Baby Face character that could have been a great set aside but wasn't. You had the mob that could have been an interesting twist, but wasn't. The crew was weak, you don't care about any of the characters, I thought it was disappointingly bad. Wasted potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
But what did you think about the sets? My mother was the set decorator or set dresser, don't recall (Summer Eubanks for those who like to read credits)

No worries, no bad feelings. She's worked on plenty of good and bad movies... at least the sets look great in them, haha.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
But what did you think about the sets? My mother was the set decorator or set dresser, don't recall (Summer Eubanks for those who like to read credits)

No worries, no bad feelings. She's worked on plenty of good and bad movies... at least the sets look great in them, haha.

You know, the sets were great actually. Chicago was cool, the farms and appartment were all good. I remember thinking when he was listening to an old Zenith radio that everything in the movie seemed to be correct for the period, which was weird because there wasn't much to look at in that particular scene. Not just saying that, it was well done. I think it was accurate, and the cinematography was okay, in a few scene they used sort of in your face camera angles moving around, but I'd have to say it was the direction that fell flat. Sorry Michael Mann, I had to say it, you didn't give it your all on this one.