Question on my new Ogio Bags

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got these Ogio Saddle bags and tail bags. I just put them on and was concerned with one thing. When I put weight in the bags will they bend in and get to close to the muffler and burn? This goes for any bags I guess. I don't really wana buy the metal brackets for the FZ6, but I'm sure theres a way to rig em up so they wont? or If they don't bow in at all or they can get close? and help is much appreciated. Pics on how you mounted your bags would be cool too. Thanks!

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
My soft saddle bags never had a problem with the exhaust melting the material. That said, when I had a lot of weight in them they sagged inward to the point that they rubbed on the rear tire. So I would keep an eye out for that as well.

Reaction score
Visit site
Do your side bags connect to each other, then the center bag connects to the side bag straps?
I'm just thinking that if they do, strap them together very tightly so that the
top of the bags are closer together than the bottoms. Hope that makes sense.
I have only mounted my Mototrek bags one time, but that procedure worked.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are really nice bags! I just bought (or will be) the same ones from my son....he just sold his FZ1 and some of the aftermarket parts and gear.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly enough, I had my strap melt. Not these but another kind but it was partly my fault due to bad install. But it was a lesson learned, so I make sure that my side bags are strapped in correctly.

Fortunately we had an uphostery guy at the place where I use to work and he just sewed on a new strap for me.

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
My bags do not connect to the top tail bag, But i am guna try too and maybe that will pull them back a lil bit. Its good to hear in general these bags are pretty tough to heat. Thanks everyone for the help! Much Appreciated!

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
You should be good. I have bigger Givi soft bags and have no issues at all. I've heard the PVC pipe over the foot peg can work well if you're really concerned about it.

Last edited:

Lobo-BR

Reaction score
Visit site
Dears,

I´m thinking to buy Ogio Saddlebags, it´s a great choice? it´s not necessary to use any support?