R&G tail tidy question

kagey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks,

After installing the R&G tail tidy my 3 pairs of wires are sitting on top of the metal plate, below the exhaust. Should I just make sure that none of the wires will touch the exhaust metal or should I put in some sort of a heat shield? I'm not sure how hot it'll get under the exhaust.

Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum! LOL! You joined last Oct and this is your first post! :confused:

As long as the wire can't touch the metal exhaust can you're probably fine.

kagey

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok thank you, I hope to finish it up today. That plate light was a b*tch to get fastened. I ended up having to shave some plastic from the light body to get the bolts to poke through adequately.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike is looking great! It's funny how just some small changes can change the look of a bike.

kagey

Reaction score
Visit site
We don't have motorcycle inspections in NB, and I can't find any requirements for motorcycle reflectors. I'll keep the stick-on reflector that came with the kit under my seat JIC.

kagey

Reaction score
Visit site
For those interested, I got some adhesive zip tie anchors from canadian tire and stuck them on top of the plate and tied everything down as suggested. Thanks.

krim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks,

After installing the R&G tail tidy my 3 pairs of wires are sitting on top of the metal plate, below the exhaust. Should I just make sure that none of the wires will touch the exhaust metal or should I put in some sort of a heat shield? I'm not sure how hot it'll get under the exhaust.

Thanks

Where did you get the tail tidy? is it somewhere in Canada?