R6 Fork Triple Tree Modding

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a photo of your triple tree ?

Here is what i used for stoppers.

11_017.jpg

These are glass holders. They work...

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks functional.
I used some locktite later because one of the stoppers were lost on the road.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Update...

After 3 years of doing this mod, it still rides well, and no issues at all. Just one of the left fork is leaking a bit. Now i'll try to change the oil and dust seals of both forks. I haven't got a spring compressor tool for usd forks. I'll see how can i handle that spring. I'm willing to put regular 10W oil inside the forks this time. I'll share the pictures of the operation in this thread.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fazil try this first before you go to the cost of replacing fork seals. I have used mine three times is brilliant and cheap.
Motion pro also do one for twice the price this is the original and still the best in my opinion.
Fix Leaking Fork Seals With | SealMate.net

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kenny1123

Reaction score
Visit site
Who can provide more information about taper bearing? I got trouble to put MY15 R6 forks on my FZ6,
the steerer dimensions is different between R6 and FZ6, if can definite bearing part number will really helpful, thanks in advance.

Kenny1123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fazil,
thanks for your feedback, but this brand not sale on my country....
one more question about 99-3540-5 top bearing, this bearing high only 12mm and original bearing is 15mm, is not conflict? or need 3mm space on the top bearing.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Allballs bearing comes with the 3mm washer. You put the washer first inside the frame, then put the bearing above it.

Kenny1123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fazil,
I was finished it last week, the bike looks awesome!
But I feel the brake force has a little soft compare with original brake calipers, do you have some problem?

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it should feel a little bit soft but stronger. I mean it's like more sensitive but with the help of bigger diameter R6 brake discs, it feels more solid.
R6 calipers are radial calipers and they should do their work better than traditional bolted original fz6 calipers.

I assume that you have changed the brake discs also.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks very nice. Black forks are better than yellow ones i guess. Triple tree looks very clean but, top crown nut looks too big. You can use an original R6 one also. May be it looks better.
What did you do with the upper bearing, did you put 3mm washer inside ?

Did you adjust front forks, sag, rebound etc?

How does it feel at the end, please share your thoughts. Front end is heavier than before isn't it?

Kenny1123

Reaction score
Visit site
The crown nut made by myself and i think that it is too big...
Yes, I have put 3mm AL washer under upper bearing, make sure the cover can keep water proof function.

I did not do any setting on the fork, i just set rebound to 25 click(close to Slow), it feel really different compare original fork

The handle bar(steering) feel much easy, it maybe improve by taper bearing, nice steering!

After riding I think the next project will be swingarm and rear shock, because I felt the tail was very not stable after change the reverse fork.