Rapid Bikes Modified Bike of the Year 2011...3rd place and chuffed! :)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The other day i was at the Airport, buying some reading material for a plane trip to Darwin, picked up the latest edition of Rapid Bikes magazine, have a flip through and what bob's up....my bike! And not just a photo of it, but it's in there as one of the 12 finalist's for Rapid Bikes Modified Bike of the Year 2011!

To say i was taken aback is an understatement! I literally almost fainted! My little bike up for the gong, amongst all the big bikes, the turbo's, the Pro shop built bikes, the lot! WOW! :jawdrop:

So anyway, it's a competition, and anyone from Australia or New Zealand can vote and WIN....There is even a really neat looking prize package up for grabs for those that vote...as for the winning bike, the owner just gets the prestige of winning, and a trophy to put in the Bar, in the Mancave! :D

Quoted straight from Rapid Bikes Magazine Issue #70

" For your chance to win this fantastic prize pack from Warrian Enterprises, e-mail [email protected] or write to MBOTY PO Box 3197 Umina Beach NXW 2257 and tell us in 25 words or less why you think your favourite bike should be crowned 2011 Rapid Bikes MBOTY. Dont forget to include your name, address, phone number, and the details of the bike and owner. Once your vote is accepted, you automatically go into the draw for a chance at winning.

Voting closes midnight 15/2/11. Open to Australian and New Zealand residents only. "

The prize pack for voters includes a Helmet, Boots, Oil & Cleaning products from Silkolene, a Back Pack, and a cap!

Here is a copy of the original feature in Issue #66 of my bike...

fzarticle1.jpg
fz6article2.jpg

fz6article3.jpg

And a copy of the voting page from Rapid Bikes Issue#70
epson002h.jpg

So, vote for my bike....pretty please, it wont take long, and you could win some cool gear for your trouble.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a good look at the competion Jamie & I reckon you have this in the bag :thumbup:

I look at this comp every year, and i drool, never did i imagine that my lil bike would be amongst the finalist's! Mate i am just so chuffed it's there at all, i struggle to think of it as having a chance of winning...it's nice, but is it that nice???

Here is a scan of the other entrants in the final...
rapidbikesmboty2.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man! sorry Us Yanks can't have a say. Good luck Jamie! You and the mates have earned first place in my book. :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I look at this comp every year, and i drool, never did i imagine that my lil bike would be amongst the finalist's! Mate i am just so chuffed it's there at all, i struggle to think of it as having a chance of winning...it's nice, but is it that nice???

I look at is this way mate....

#1. Just a green Busa , we all know what a bus looks like..
#2. Is nice , but its Buell YUCK !!!
#3. A Daytona that looks like a naked Daytona WOOPEE !! If you want a Street/speed buy one :spank:
#4. Gixxer Thou with pretty stickers , WHO CARES !!
#5. Its a crusier & has been done way to many times in the past !!
#6. It still nothing more than a Speed triple..
#7. So far removed from what it was it has to win :D
#8. Please , its a drag bike & not even street legal..
#9. Still looks like a Ninja with orange bits.
#10. Again , its a drag bike ( if its not a road bike it should be exculded )
#11. Ok , well maybe this is your competion.. A chicks bike with NOS :eek: HELL YEAH !!
#12. It just looks like a GSX1400 with different headlights & will NEVER be as good as the XJR its tries to copy :BLAA:

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
Really too bad us in the States can't vote, but good luck. Definately a winner in my book, much better than the other ones that still look like normal bikes, like Humperdinkel said, if it ain't street legal it should not be included. Hope you win:thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy smokes, Jamie....I have not seen a pic of your whole bike, it'll win for sure:thumbup: That thing is the cats a$$:rockon:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
How awesome to even get nominated!! WOOHOO!!!
So sorry we can't vote for you over here.

(A not so shameless bump.)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Talk about a ego boost, I'm guessing your the only private owner in it? Congrats man I wish I could vote for ya but good luck!!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They would mostly be private owners. A lot of money spent by a lot of people :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Private owners that have sent their bikes to pro shops to get the work done in about 10 of the 12 bikes. Extreme creations, carbon credits, etc, especially the bikes with the major engine mods...which is understandable, as very few people have the tools at their own disposal to do cylinder re-bores, etc.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope people take into consideration that you personally built that bike and again good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck, good luck and oh ya good luck!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only 2 of those bikes deserve to receive any votes IMO.

The Speedy, always liked Speed Triples although it is wavering with the current model, and........................

THE MIGHTY BLACK FZ :rockon:

I'll get off my butt & do some voting when I get home.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Vote 1 - FZ6!!

Entry submitted. Hope you bring home the prize (and me too for that matter. Could do with some new gear).

Cheers for taking the time, cheers for taking the time to everyone that has voted, which i think is about 17 people so far, both from here, and from a facebook event i created, and invited a few like minded peep's to vote...

Who knows, stranger things have happened...

Mikey (Ozzieboy) sent me a text tonight with what he wrote for his 25 words about the bike....i reckon his clever and whitty answer might give him a better chance of winning the gear....

"It used to be a sports/tourer commuter scooter (Even stock they go well). Now it's a hard mofo. Somewhat like Colin Edwards. Lol"

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for taking the time, cheers for taking the time to everyone that has voted, which i think is about 17 people so far, both from here, and from a facebook event i created, and invited a few like minded peep's to vote...

Who knows, stranger things have happened...

Mikey (Ozzieboy) sent me a text tonight with what he wrote for his 25 words about the bike....i reckon his clever and whitty answer might give him a better chance of winning the gear....

"It used to be a sports/tourer commuter scooter (Even stock they go well). Now it's a hard mofo. Somewhat like Colin Edwards. Lol"

Shameless BUMP No.2......i need all the votes i can get!

:D

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't help you win what you deserve 100%

but anyway just let me tell you that I would have already voted for your beautiful black beast if I could.

She is absolutely AWESOME :thumbup:

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
You got my vote Wolfman!

Actually, the original article about your bike on Rapid Bikes was a great deciding factor on me getting the FZ6 as I realized the great modding potential of the FZ...