Rear Turn Signals Not Working

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
i think we're talking about the same thing, i assumed it was also called a relay. sorry for the confusion.

so to clarify, at the time of my last post, i had installed the LED flasher and wired the front, rear, and plate light properly to the best of my knowledge. if you guys any pics, let me know, the fairing is still off.

this photo shows the oem front blinkers but they were not on the bike when i posted #18
flasher.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So is it working correct now?

Here's the correct link (I earlier posted for an 07, not an 2006 model, my boo);

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2006 FZ-6 - FZS6V ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram (part #32)

I believe your correct.

Looking at the parts fisch for the 07 and 06, same relay, pic's show different locations..

The 2006 is in the front left fairing. ( Part # 4VR-83350-00-00 FLASHER RELAY ASSY)

The 2007 is under the LEFT REAR SIDE POD. (Part # 4VR-83350-00-00 FLASHER RELAY ASSY)

Last edited:

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 FZ 6 Yamaha Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy 2004 2009 Black 4T s No Logo | eBay
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/

currently installed: LED flasher, front LEDs, rear LEDs, and plate light. front running light wires are unconnected. all are bullet connectors that i crimped pretty damn tight.
none are working when key is turned or engine running. the micro controller under the seat blinks red, then green when bike starts. no blinker lights on dashboard. horn works.

pics of all connections. sorry, they're dark, so i tried to annotate.

front left:
front left.jpg

front right:
front right.jpg

rear
rear2.png

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
I may have found the problem. I borrowed a multimeter and tested all the connections I made coming off the bike while running. The plate light had no current at my bullet connectors, so I tested on bare wire. All blinkers have around .025 v (without activating them by the handlebar switch). The plate light has worked briefly before I ever put in the led flasher relay, but it's possible I yanked something out of place by mistake.
Also is this plate light connection at the left pod stock? You can see the blinkers and plate light have different connectors. It looks stock to me but just making sure.
image.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The flasher relay (one unit) will have 12 VDC on one of it's wires when the key is turned on. The flasher switch should be in the cancel mode. With a 12 volt test light or DVM test to see that power is going to one of the wires on the flasher relay. If you don't have voltage, check for a blown fuse. Turn the key on and look at your tail light. Is it lit? If not you probably have a blown fuse. When you terminated the blue wires on the front OEM stalks you may have shorted them. If you do have a blown fuse recheck the terminated blue wires that fed the front running lights.