Reinstalling stock/OEM muffler?

schleppy

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a 2007 FZ6 that has a Leo Vince Carbon catback on it. It's a bit louder than I like (yes, inserts are in), and I want to put the OEM exhaust back on.

The OEM muffler and midpipe are in great shape, as are the gaskets. Is there anything else I should know about putting the OEM muffler back on? Any "gotchas"?

Thanks!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just dont force anything to allign by pulling it into position while tightening.
Also, loosen the collector mount point to let it align and then tighten it before midpipe and muffler go on...

Keeping the rubber gromets stress free reduces engine vibrations being transmitted to the chassis.

schleppy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you!

Now, I need to see if anyone has the bolts and spacers. I have the pipes and bracketry, none of the bolts and spacers.

schleppy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scott! I have the diagram pulled up on Ron Ayers too. If I can't find someone who has the bolts/spacers and doesn't need them, I will just buy them all new.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just dont force anything to allign by pulling it into position while tightening.
Also, loosen the collector mount point to let it align and then tighten it before midpipe and muffler go on...

Keeping the rubber gromets stress free reduces engine vibrations being transmitted to the chassis.

Uhm - this applies to all who trying to reduce vibrations input into the chassis.
It may seem silly or insignificant, but it all adds up.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You could ping skooter65
Tell him which ones you need...

exhaust.gif