Relay hanging down under tank

bredda_dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi fellas,

Just need some advice as I've only had my FZ6 for two weeks now. I found that some sort of relay is just hanging down freely under the tank while installing the hot grips. It lays on top of the throttle body on the left hand side and has a metal bracket so I'm pretty sure it should be bolted somewhere. Have a look at the pics and help me put the bugger where it belongs. Much appreciated!
View attachment 56616

View attachment 56617

View attachment 56618

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It may have something to do with the immobilizer (which we don't have in the states). I don't recognize it.

However, its obvious the bracket bolts somewhere looking at the marks on the bracket.

Simply moving it around in the area that wire allows (even closer, NOT taught) you should find a spot where it goes. Most likely a welded nut somewhere under a flat surface (your missing the bolt itself).

Good luck..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wuddup Bredda!?!? Blah :welcome:to our great forum!

Can you tell me how many wires on that plug and what are the colors of the wires. An example might be. A red wire with a white stripe or a blue wire with a black stripe, etc.

Edit: My first thought is it's the headlamp relay....It would live under that left side, plastic pod....

Last edited:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like there is a custom fairing installed? I also suspect that the bracket and relay should be located in the left side of the factory fairing, so my guess is maybe there was not a mounting point or the OP decided not to put it back where it belongs, however it probably should not be where it currently is...

bredda_dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate your input. So, as far as I know all the fairings are standard ones. The handing relay can't live under that small fairing on the left hand side (where the indicator relay is) because the lead goes towards the front/down the engine, under the air filter box (pic). The fact that you guys don't recognize it makes me think it may have something to do with immobilizer. I had another play with it today and still can find the right place for it...

View attachment 56637

View attachment 56638

View attachment 56639