Remove exhaust replace bush' s?

pedrolima88

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello sir, I will remove my front part of exhaust, I dont know the name on english, but in portugues we called "Colector".

Look this image,
FZ6_mill_bg.jpg

The colector is the copper part of exhaust.

My question is, if I remove my "colectors", I will need replace bushings of tthe contact with motorcycle engine?

If I need, where can I found? I tried on ebay, but I dont found.

thanks and sry for the bad english.

Is it part number 3 from here (OEM Parts Yamaha FZ6 (FZS6WC) 2007 EXHAUST - Cheap Cycle Parts) ? If the original parts are not broken or too deformed or flattened, it should be ok to use the same parts again. If you need to buy new ones, you can go to the local Yamaha dealer with the part number (3YF-14613-01-00) that is available on the linked website.

Last edited:
You will probably get a lot more search results by searching for header gasket, exhaust gasket, or maybe even exhaust manifold gasket

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Collector is the appropriate term.... so Americans call it a Header instead. :)

We use the term collector.....just for the part that is called the collector though (where all four pipes merge into one)

We use the term collector.....just for the part that is called the collector though (where all four pipes merge into one)

It's a semantics game, regardless. The FZ6 uses a 4 into 2 into 1 system.... at which point are you 'collecting'?

Is it part number 3 from here (OEM Parts Yamaha FZ6 (FZS6WC) 2007 EXHAUST - Cheap Cycle Parts) ? If the original parts are not broken or too deformed or flattened, it should be ok to use the same parts again. If you need to buy new ones, you can go to the local Yamaha dealer with the part number (3YF-14613-01-00) that is available on the linked website.

Very thanks man, but still original, have 10k miles, and i think is new. I will remove to clean, and put again on place. I dont know if is broken or not...

But very thanks for reply.

good week!

I look now again and have a gsatek muffler. anyone know if I will need replace too ?

I wiil just buy gastek exhaust, but maybe I'll need gastek muffler?

thanks

Back