Repainted my fairing - black accents

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Crashed my bike last year, details here:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/9106-dumped-highway-rush-hour.html

Before Photos:
640x360-p1000643.jpg
640x360-p1000645.jpg

I decided that instead of replacing the scratched fairing, I would sand and repaint both sides black. The painted pieces popped right out, I sprayed them with a flat black trim paint, about 3 coats. It came out awesome:

640x480-p1010388.jpg

I also sanded and painted the left side engine cover using a high-temp paint, 2 coats. It's not really exciting, but here's a photo anyway. To see the scratches you have to look REALLY closely anyway.

640x480-p1010390.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Good save and most of all you're okay.

Spring has Sprung have Fun!

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing for the same reason back in November, but I think it looks a bit better on the Red bike. :thumbup:

My evil twin!

Not only is it the same black eyeliner...the same year....but I see in your signature that you had a 1983 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC? I had the 84.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i might explore some colors to do this with on my Blue 07, Maybe a charcoal grey or gloss black or something... maybe i will just borrow some off of a raven 08 to see how i would like it...

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing for the same reason back in November, but I think it looks a bit better on the Red bike. :thumbup:

You havent heard...EVERYTHING looks better on the red bike...:p...:Flip:....:D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New nickname: Groucho! :D

Looks cool actually. I think it breaks the paint nicely.

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't look as if the frame sliders were much use, I have a similar scrape on my left engine cover and I don't have sliders.

That's what I thought, too. On the right side, the slider definitely helped, but on the left side, the engine cover is the first thing to hit. Judging by the damage to the slider, though, i still think I was better off having it, still. It does make me consider an engine cover guard or a longer slider, though

I was thinking more like this kind of eyeliner:
greenday.jpg