Repainted my fairing - black accents

Se7enLC

Nerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Crashed my bike last year, details here:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/9106-dumped-highway-rush-hour.html

Before Photos:
640x360-p1000643.jpg
640x360-p1000645.jpg

I decided that instead of replacing the scratched fairing, I would sand and repaint both sides black. The painted pieces popped right out, I sprayed them with a flat black trim paint, about 3 coats. It came out awesome:

640x480-p1010388.jpg

I also sanded and painted the left side engine cover using a high-temp paint, 2 coats. It's not really exciting, but here's a photo anyway. To see the scratches you have to look REALLY closely anyway.

640x480-p1010390.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Good save and most of all you're okay.

Spring has Sprung have Fun!

I did the same thing for the same reason back in November, but I think it looks a bit better on the Red bike. :thumbup:

My evil twin!

Not only is it the same black eyeliner...the same year....but I see in your signature that you had a 1983 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC? I had the 84.

i might explore some colors to do this with on my Blue 07, Maybe a charcoal grey or gloss black or something... maybe i will just borrow some off of a raven 08 to see how i would like it...

I did the same thing for the same reason back in November, but I think it looks a bit better on the Red bike. :thumbup:

You havent heard...EVERYTHING looks better on the red bike...:p...:Flip:....:D

New nickname: Groucho! :D

Looks cool actually. I think it breaks the paint nicely.

Doesn't look as if the frame sliders were much use, I have a similar scrape on my left engine cover and I don't have sliders.

That's what I thought, too. On the right side, the slider definitely helped, but on the left side, the engine cover is the first thing to hit. Judging by the damage to the slider, though, i still think I was better off having it, still. It does make me consider an engine cover guard or a longer slider, though

I was thinking more like this kind of eyeliner:
greenday.jpg

Back