Retirement from the US Air Force

Congratulations! and thank you for your service!

I was privileged to go 2 years ago and participate in my Brothers Retirement (27 yrs) from the USAF at Lackland, what a ceremony! Moving to say the least, he as well did the retirement to work program, enjoy!!

I'm only 6 years in the Navy so, congrats. I'm not sure I'll make it to 20 myself. I have great respect for those who can. Some jobs are worse than others, but it seems to me almost all the jobs in the military are pretty high stress.

So, you're working as a contractor now? Going to get two retirements? Then you'll really be set. Have a great uncle that did that. Retired at 58 with a full pension (two half ones)

Just attended my brother's retirement back in November at Whiteman. He did his 20 and that was enough for him. He's Ammo, though, so he isn't quite right anyway. LOL

I put in 5 years and am still around military (hubby is also prior active duty but now DoD employee in military shop). We miss active duty sometimes.

Thanks for your service! Enjoy your two weeks of downtime! Did you already do schooling or will you do that eventually too? My brother is going to school full time starting mid-March. He has the post 9/11 education, which is a darn good deal. He's not doing too bad for being a student! LOL

Back