Rider Size?

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
How big (or small) is everyone on this website? The reason I'm asking is because I'm a relatively bigger guy, 6'4" with wide shoulers, big frame. I feel like the FZ6 fits me great, I'm very comfortable on it.

Today one my friends commented on how he decided that my bike is too small for me. Granted, he's a cruiser and couldn't tell a Ninja 250 from a Hayabusa, and he just didn't seem to understand that the FZ6 is also a tourer, hence upright position and me looking taller than as if I was hunched over. All this aside, his comment really got to me, he did after all tell me my dreambike didn't fit me.

What is the average size of other FZ6 riders?

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
To answer the question, I'm only about 5'9" with an almost 30" inseam. The bike feels good to me. The part I really want to comment on is how your friend decided the bike is too small for you. If he is an expert in ergonomics, or a motorcycle design engineer, or some other expert, then listen to him. If he's not, the you decide if the bike fits you, and even if it doesn't and it's your dream bike, make mods to make it fit you.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Im 6'2'' with about 33' inseam. I fit very comforably on it. Your not to big for a bike unless your like me on my first bike (Honda V30) where my knees stuck 3 inches above the gas tank. :thumbup:

Nick

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a perfect fit for me at 6'2". While I'm cruising on the slab I like sitting in the back seat sometimes though. :D

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a relevant poll and discussion from a while back:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/2463-how-tall-you.html

It seems like people of all sizes ride this bike. It's not so much whether someone else thinks it's too small but what you think that matters.

I'm 5'5" so can't comment on your predicament. When you buy a bike where you can barely touch the ground I'll have much more advice for you. :Flash:

H

HavBlue

6'2" , 34 inseam and 185 pounds rider ready. The bike fits fine. Did you tell him his bike looked a bit funny for him too. It's all about riding your own ride and not worrying about what others have chosen..

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'6" 185lbs 36" inseem i think and it suits me like a glove! People comment me on how i made the right choice (they have R6's & R1's) with the FZ6 I quote "Its perfect for you" But i already knew that the moment i sat on it. Dude try to ride a R6, that might be too small for you, on me i almost had my knees as high as the gas tank, my buddies were laughin when i tried one of theirs, i made it look like a mini-moto :p
Bottom line only react to constructive comments, who needs negativity nowdays, dont let the nay-sayers get to you!

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5-11 with a 30 inch inseam and about 230 lbs. Even I'm pretty comfortable. Frankly, don't care what others think, I like it !!!!! Just tell your friends that what looks really funny are really small guys on really large bikes and ponder the psycological implications of THAT ! (JUST KIDDING):D

In all seriousness, if your size causes a safety issue, either to big or to small that's a problem otherwise it's cool. Enjoy this fun bike.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I'll play... I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam and I weigh around 225 with gear. I'm not paticularly big - most of my weight is around my waist.

Too much :spam: and :iconbeer: :)

yamahamahafz6

Reaction score
Visit site
6' 230lbs and i haul ass down the road!:thumbup: Forget what they say. The FZ is a relatively big and tall looking bike in my perspective.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'3" and 220lbs and the FZ6 fits me like it was tailor-made. I can spend all day on it without fatigue, stiffness or cramps.

Never mind what others say, as long as you enjoy it!

Trommel

Reaction score
Visit site
6'4 at 190 it seems like this is a forum of giants! glad to know that the bike that is comfortable to me seems to be a general standard for taller folks.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm definitely over his comment now, I just got real defensive first. Like I said before, I knew not to take his comment too seriously. He rides a V-Star 650 and knows very little about motorcycles (he forgets the model of his bike sometimes, so he just calls it a "mock Harley"). I'd rather take advice from you guys, who know the FZ even better than I do. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I'm definitely over his comment now, I just got real defensive first. Like I said before, I knew not to take his comment too seriously. He rides a V-Star 650 and knows very little about motorcycles (he forgets the model of his bike sometimes, so he just calls it a "mock Harley"). I'd rather take advice from you guys, who know the FZ even better than I do. :thumbup:

He does? My WIFE rides a V-Star 650! :rof: She's 5'2"!

I am 220 lbs, 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Bike is great! Flat foot with knees slightly bent, no issues.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

You know what they say here... Ride your own ride! I am 5' 4" 31 inch inseam.. can't flat foot, but the balls of my feet are there and that is where you need the support IMO. I think the shocks have softened up this weekend climbing mountains hehe.

Listen to yourself. You know what is comfortable for you. He isn't the one riding it you are. ;)