Riding above ~7K

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic...

I'm surprised to learn how may of us geezers ride an FZ6. I've always thought of it as a "starter bike" (I'm a reluctant owner - I bought from a friend of my son who was entering the Navy). But after making suspension and seating mods, I've come to see it as a modern standard and even a light duty tourer. Aren't we supposed to be riding $20k BMW's at our age? Damn we're a cheap bunch. Smart too.

You couldn't give me a BMW... (That'll get things really started).. I can easily afford a top end BMW, or anything else.

The FZ is plenty fast enough, bullet proof, great mileage, NEVER been to a shop for repairs. Easy to work on, suits all my needs.

I'm a "Yamaha guy" (owned other makes as well), Don't care for the looks of the newer bikes either. Different
sized headlights, rear, stand alone fender that sticks out like a sore thumb? Ugh...

Last edited:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Also curious what your thoughts on the FZ6 vs the ST3? I think I may grab one in the future.

Also don't see too many people from Reno here. Will be making my annual pilgrimage home in a few weeks.

VegasRyder is the only other rider here from Reno. We've ridden together a couple times. It's off season now, as you know if you are from here. The S3R is in the house for the winter. My Sprint is in a garage.all tucked up in with a trickle charger and blankie.

I loved my FZ6. The only thing lacking, for me, was low end torque. My Sprint has TONS of torque. The S3R has less, but still much more than the FZ6. I have stock exhaust on my S3R, so it has a generic triple sound, but I'm more into the performance. I keep up with the big boys riding up and down Geiger Grade for sure. My Sprint is another matter. It has an aftermarket exhaust (sorry, don't know which one, lol). It is screaming. Love it!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic...

I'm surprised to learn how may of us geezers ride an FZ6. I've always thought of it as a "starter bike" (I'm a reluctant owner - I bought from a friend of my son who was entering the Navy). But after making suspension and seating mods, I've come to see it as a modern standard and even a light duty tourer. Aren't we supposed to be riding $20k BMW's at our age? Damn we're a cheap bunch. Smart too.

Ya, if i shared my fubar financial bs post divorce it might explain a bit. I've had liter bikes and like them but this is more fun as I can hang or lead **them** through the canyons. Fix the suspension and its a great little bike!
54 fwiw....

Live like you are dying.... Tomorrow is overrated! Blah