Riding Alone

To go hit some twisties alone or wait for a buddy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw leaves and slowed wayyy the hell down and locked up the front so I let it go and straightened up and went into the mud
I was probably doing 5-10 when I went off, the rear end lifted up when the front sank in the mud and bucked me over the bars and off the right. landed on my helmet and rolled over my shoulder.
that pic was after I cleaned it up with my shirt.

Didnt realize until about 3pm that my head was killing me and I was getting scared by the shadows on the road and I kept hearing someone call my name....so I stopped at a fire station. emt said concussion and a dislocated shoulder so I just got back from the hospital.

I saw leaves and slowed wayyy the hell down and locked up the front so I let it go and straightened up and went into the mud
I was probably doing 5-10 when I went off, the rear end lifted up when the front sank in the mud and bucked me over the bars and off the right. landed on my helmet and rolled over my shoulder.

Didnt realize until about 3pm that my head was killing me and I was getting scared by the shadows on the road and I kept hearing someone call my name....so I stopped at a fire station. emt said concussion and a dislocated shoulder so I just got back from the hospital.

Both of you sound a little battered but mostly OK! Sorry Man, really. Heal soon and get some company over there if your head took a thump. Honestly!

So they reset your shoulder and gave you drugs for pain (may not be good idea with a head trauma)? Crap! :( :( :(

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. I was going to chime in that I ride alone way too much. It's sometimes hard to find someone to ride with on a certain day or time. I really don't mind riding alone. It's my pace. It seems more relaxing by my self. Then I don't have to keep up or slow down with anyone. It's more fun riding with someone if you are going to stop a bunch so you have someone to chat with or critique my riding. The main thing is ride safe! We still are at the mercy of the idiot cagers out there so BE SAFE.

WOW dude Bummer! Glad your alright! maybe I was wrong wait for someone to go with you next time alright.crashing is part of riding unfortunantly... but you know what not to do next time.

they didnt give me anything for the shoulder....I have torn both of them previously so dislocating them isn't really a big deal for me anymore.

now for the parts search:(

Glad you're okay man! The voices calling your name......Isn't that normal?? :tard:

Geez sorry to hear about the drop-- hope your ok,
I only have one guy I ride with about 3 times a year the rest of the time I'm by myself, freeway runs , not too much twisties but this makes me think, I gotta be careful

I ride by myself all the time. A few tips. Let someone know that you are going out. Let them know the route you are going to take. I can tell my wife that I'm going for a ride and hitting 162 and she knows exactly where I'm going and what roads I'll be on. Last thing, keep your cell phone on you at all times, not in your tank bank, saddle bag. If you go down and are able to make a phone call but can't get to your phone because it's on the bike and you legs are broke you're screwed! My brother in law crashed his Harley and his phone was in his saddle bags. He laid in a field for seven hours with massive internal injuries because he couldn't call for help. His wife called his phone 9 times.

Glad your OK and your bike is not too bad. Had to be scary when you realized all was not OK - good thinking to stop by the fire station.

Love to rideby myself - the few times have riden with others it makes me nervous particularly bikes behind me as I don't know what they are going to do if something comes up and I have to swerve or brake real hard.

I also keep my phone on myself just so I'll be able to get to it if I go down. Don't have a SPOT but have thought many times about getting one.

Damn bro you should of hit up someone on ga fast, someone is always down for blood mtn, that's where we shot that video and yeah there were quite a few leaves on the roads. But unless I see a think blanket of leaves I rarely slow down too much, a few leaves isn't that bad, you might feel a little hop or slide but better than locking up.

I'm glad you're ok. Sorry to hear about your off.

I've had 5 people go down in front of me on group rides and basically don't do them anymore. I've become a lone ranger. In some ways it's safer to ride alone too.

I did 6800 miles in 24 days solo. I made sure to be really careful and not get in any hurry, didn't get crazy in the twisties and did the speed limit. It may sound boring to some, but I really enjoyed every moment of my trip. It's nice to slow down and enjoy the journey.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring-traveling/45728-road-trip-calgary-canada-beyond.html

didnt end well

Just read thru the thread. Sorry to see your boo-boo, but you're OK for the most part. At least you live to ride again. I'm in West ATL and usually ride North alone. I haven't had a chance to take the 6 out since I got it. Wish I could have caught your post soon enough to go.

Get well soon.

THANKS EVERYONE

Im fine now, still havent had a good nights sleep, but my oops isnt solely to blame. I got a new rearset in and got it back on.
Just need the upper fairing and the right dash thingy in Galaxy blue***wink wink***;););););)

Good to hear you are better! Hang in there and maybe Santa will bring you a upper fairing and the right dash thingy in Galaxy blue. :BLAA:

Back