Riding Jeans?

FZ6_Black

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about buying a pair riding jeans with Kevlar. Anyone have suggestions of good brands? I saw a couple on Revzilla.com for about $100. Right now I just wear my everyday jeans on rides. Thanks.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a pair of avg kevlar lined jeans from revzilla, i love them, i usually wear a 34" inseam so i thought id get a 36 for length, they are made long anyways so mine are 4"too long:spank:

get what you usually wear in avg's stuff and it will be perfect

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wearing Sliders since '07. They're also too long, and I have a 37" inseam.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
i also have sliders as the price was pretty reasonable. it was suggested by the agent (i called to check availability since they're not always on stock) that i get them 2 inches longer. i think i could have gotten away with not adding the extra length. also, they are not kidding when they say "relaxed fit" - they are quite baggy. the material feels lighter/thinner than your average jeans.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought these at cycle gear BILT IRON WORKERS Street Gear - Steel Motorcycle Jeans - Cycle Gear

I replaced the foam knee pads with some hard CE armor i had in their over pants and it made them very comfortable. They are thicker then most riding jeans i have tried. They fit perfect at your size but i had to go a size up because i carry a lot of crap in my pockets lol. Im going to return them and try again with my new CE knee pads at the right size and see how comfortable they are. Beauty of cycle gear :)

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about buying a pair riding jeans with Kevlar. Anyone have suggestions of good brands? I saw a couple on Revzilla.com for about $100. Right now I just wear my everyday jeans on rides. Thanks.

I bought a pair of Startso Jeans.
Sartso - Womens Fire Red

They are a bit expensive, but I'm really happy with the quality and want to buy another pair. They are really heavy duty.

Sartso Jeans Commercial
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjHXQ9an-_I]Sartso Jeans Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Sartso Killer Kevlar Jeans TEST
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgAQbL-AroQ]Sartso Killer Kevlar Jeans TEST - YouTube[/ame]

Sartso Jeans' Rider Highlights From 2010 XDL Sportbike Freestyle Series
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRbomiZOn8]Sartso Jeans' Rider Highlights From 2010 XDL Sportbike Freestyle Series - YouTube[/ame]

Startso Website
Sartso - Home

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a pair of Draggin' Jeans, but wasn't thrilled with the look, so I returned them for a pair of Draggin' Liners from the same company. I wear those under my own pants when I'm not touring(I where full cordura pants then).

I never get on the bike without full skin protection, and I highly recommend getting some pants.

The thing to remember with any gear is to make sure you like the fit/look/comfort because if something isn't quite right, you'll inevitably stop wearing the gear and that defeats the purpose of buying it in the first place. Because of this, I do my best not to compromise with gear, if it isn't right in any of those respects, I return it and try again.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Slider jeans, the cut isn't particularly stylish, However they fit well and are very comfortable. I have also fallen off wearing them going about 60kph. There wasn't a mark on me or the jeans. They wash well and have retained their colour.
If you are on a budget then Sliders are worth a look.
Personally I would like a pair of Dragging jeans.

Nelly

Mike372

Reaction score
Visit site
i am considering buying Diamond Gusset Defender jeans. Defender Jeans

The reviews on them have been great. They are made in the USA, look and feel like real jeans even with Kevlar, and are cool in the hot weather.

Grnrzr

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased a pair of motolegion jeans. I got them through ebay from someone in australia. They do have carbon kevlar sewn into them and they came with knee and hip pads. The knee pads are easily removable with a zipper on the outside of the pants. I really like the option for the pads. They are pretty comfortable to. A little expensive, i think they were 140 shipped. No crash tests yet, lol.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You want Kevlar? Go all the way with Motoport. I'm still using their Kevlar gloves, it has lasted me over four years now, used every single day. I use to go through a pair of gloves every six months.

Motoport

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
You want Kevlar? Go all the way with Motoport. I'm still using their Kevlar gloves, it has lasted me over four years now, used every single day. I use to go through a pair of gloves every six months.

Motoport

$350 US.....holy crap!
Would love some Sliders but they wont ship to Canada.....whats up with that?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using Draggin' Jeans for about 1/2 a season, and all in all I like them. I am happy with the fit and comfort, and my only complaint is that there is no place to put armor. I have not 'needed' them yet, so my only perspective of them is as 'clothing'.. and as such...I recommend them.