rim stripe removal !!! OMG *shoots self in the head*

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There was a thread a while back of someone who painted his rims with a airbrush and reflective paint. (search feature?) I wish I would have done my rims that way instead of rim tape. He took the rims off and did it right so it took a while, but it was'nt wobbly or crooked and it looks great.

The stickers are frustrating and a general pain in a$$ to install. Mine are a little wavy too, dont feel bad. They were pretty cheap though! Love that E-Bay.

Tony Basson

Reaction score
Visit site
The best way to remove adhesive residue is Eucalyptus Oil, available from pharmacies (that's Drug Stores for you in the US&A). Don't use solvents, as the goo melts and spreads.

ghostrider951

Reaction score
Visit site
I HIGHly recommend using honda polish, it is by far one of the best cleaners i have ever used for a bike, keeps my bike looking brand new, it wax's it, cleans it and polish's it

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I HIGHly recommend using honda polish, it is by far one of the best cleaners i have ever used for a bike, keeps my bike looking brand new, it wax's it, cleans it and polish's it

+1 but I don't believe its sold under the Honda brand anymore (EPA reasons). Its sold in the same colored can, exactly the same, just doesn't say honda on it anymore...

Scott

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
For anyone who is applying decals I would recommend some type of application fluid. At my work we use Rapid Tac to wet the surface of the vinyl decal and the application surface. It lets you slide the decal around to properly align it and then if you just push down on the decal/sticker it sticks. After that you'll need to using some kinda no-mare squeegee to press the decal on and remove as much of the fluid as possible.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone who is applying decals I would recommend some type of application fluid. At my work we use Rapid Tac to wet the surface of the vinyl decal and the application surface. It lets you slide the decal around to properly align it and then if you just push down on the decal/sticker it sticks. After that you'll need to using some kinda no-mare squeegee to press the decal on and remove as much of the fluid as possible.

i know a few guys that do decals and such and this is almost a must.. i dont see why it wouldnt work on the wheels in the same way... you could "float" the decal till it is straight and squeegee it on when in place.