Rim stripes install experience

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed blue reflective rim stripes on my blue fz6 today. I was skeptical or the install from experiences of previous posts. I watched an install video on youtube that was linked in a post that showed it pretty well. One thing I will warn you about is that the video overlaps the stripes between pieces (4 per side per wheel) They look just like the Dunstan Graffix stripes like I have. I went ahead and overlapped them like the video showed and take a guess what I found out when I got all the way around the wheel.:eek: about 1/4" gap. when it was all said and done I was able to save about a 1/4" on a side on the front wheel and match it into the gap on the rear. All in all it was real straight forward just take your time and be patient. It took me an hour or so but I'm pretty anal.

I think they came out pretty good!!!
Moral of the story is that if you get the Dunstan Graffix stripes DO NOT overlap between stripes. they are NOT easy to take off.

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Now your already slow blue bike will look slower (j/k) :ban:

Good job on the stipes, they are a pain to install, but if done right they look awesome :thumbup:
and btw, that ultra looks nice too.

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, I'd say they are probably 5 foot good:D Yeah the Ultra is my dads. I always give him hell for having the bagger but nothing beats the comfort of that thing... Just ask my wife which one she likes going two up on better!!!

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. Now that you have the reflective rims, you no longer need the front reflector; plus without the reflectors, brake pad changes are easier..

Dennis

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. Now that you have the reflective rims, you no longer need the front reflector; plus without the reflectors, brake pad changes are easier..

Dennis

Good call on deleting the front reflectors. I completely forgot about that benefit. those things are pretty fugly. And like you said brake jobs are easier.